Bag for my float tube

wisconsin jim

Reaction score
I have a Classic Accessories Cumberland Float Tube. I just got it this year and love it. The problem is that I like to travel and I have no way to pack the thing other than to stuff it in the back of my SUV. I tend to like organization. Anyone know whee I can get an extra large duffel bag, or any other type carrying case that fits it? There is this one Float Tube Boat Bag | Outcast Sporting Gear but I'm not sure that it would fit in it. Any suggestions?:confused:

wisconsin jim

Reaction score
That is an excellent idea! I'll do some checking around for one. BTW, do you have any suggestions for off-season storage? I'm thinking of keeping mine hanging in the garage.

rangerrich99

Reaction score
I'm getting these links from Amazon, but you can find these bags at most any military surplus store/website.

Here's a bag style a few of my buddies use for their float tubes:
Amazon.com : Official US Military Army Navy Surplus Duffle Duffel Bag : Sports Duffel Bags : Sports & Outdoors
This tyle will hold an Outcast Fishcat 4 Deluxe plus fins.

I'm currently using this style of bag, as I like to put my fins, waders, etc. in the bag with my tube.
Amazon.com: Deluxe Duffel Bag w/Zipper, Olive Green - 36"X13"X13": Sports & Outdoors

What I like about these bags is that they are very durable and inexpensive. You can fill them with a hundred pounds of gear and literally drag them over any surface for a hundred yards and the heavy canvas will stand up to it. It'll show some scuffing and that's it. And your gear will be safe inside. Also, many times when I'm packing up to head home, my tube, waders, boots, etc., are still wet from the lake, or even muddy. These bags are thick enough to absorb most of the water, and keep the mud off the upholstery. Then when I get home, I just use a garden hose to rinse all that gunk out of it.

They aren't sexy; they don't cost enough for that, but they are pretty good at hauling large awkward bundles to and from the truck.

Peace.