Yeti at it again...

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
TX
You gotta hand it to the Yeti company for the way they can market their products! They even sell those expensive coolers in our little hardware store here in Pinedale, WY......crazy!

Matt4.0

Reaction score
But...but...they can hold 3,000 lbs! So next time you need a chair for your Honda Civic you're all set!

myt1

Reaction score
They are a marketing company that happens to sell outdoor gear.

And it doesn't even look very comfortable.

J

james w 3 3

The couple things I've bought from Yeti have been expensive to be sure, but also, and more importantly to me, of superlative quality and engineering.

As I sit here in my office writing this I'm resting my butt in an Aeron office chair, which I mention because it's designed by the same person and because it cost me something around $700. Way more money than I wanted to spend, but it turned out to be money better spent than some of my rod purchases.

Amortized over a long time period, and allowing for how much I like a comfortable chair near a campfire after a long day fishing, yes, I'll likely buy one IF my local shop "test sit" goes well.

$750+ rods, $250+ reels, $80+ fly lines, etc etc etc, all to catch a couple fish I'm just going to put back in the water. Thinking of it that way makes a $300 chair not seem so bad!

ia_trouter

Reaction score
The couple things I've bought from Yeti have been expensive to be sure, but also, and more importantly to me, of superlative quality and engineering.

As I sit here in my office writing this I'm resting my butt in an Aeron office chair, which I mention because it's designed by the same person and because it cost me something around $700. Way more money than I wanted to spend, but it turned out to be money better spent than some of my rod purchases.

Amortized over a long time period, and allowing for how much I like a comfortable chair near a campfire after a long day fishing, yes, I'll likely buy one IF my local shop "test sit" goes well.

$750+ rods, $250+ reels, $80+ fly lines, etc etc etc, all to catch a couple fish I'm just going to put back in the water. Thinking of it that way makes a $300 chair not seem so bad!
I'd buy this line of reasoning if my $20 Cabela's camp chair wasn't really comfortable, but it is. It would be easier to convince me to buy a cooler, because there is a clear performance difference over a cheap alternative.

huronfly

Reaction score
Those rods/reels/fly lines provide a person with endless fun... A lawnchair? not so much. A cooler? not really all that exciting either. Any cooler or chair I've ever owned ends up mangled from animals or shenanigans anyways. Just my two pennies, but I think it's ****ing insane!

fr8dog

Reaction score
OK! (Don't ban me) I enjoy a warm summer night sitting in a chair, soaking shad for cats. Cooler full of beer, propane lantern glowing, listening to the bugs and night birds. I can do that for a helluva lot less than the Yeti folks charge.

Good on 'em for their products, but I'll stick with my $3 flea market chair, $20 Igloo, and free from BK 5 gallon pickle bucket.

littledavid123

Reaction score
OK! (Don't ban me) I enjoy a warm summer night sitting in a chair, soaking shad for cats. Cooler full of beer, propane lantern glowing, listening to the bugs and night birds. I can do that for a helluva lot less than the Yeti folks charge.

Good on 'em for their products, but I'll stick with my $3 flea market chair, $20 Igloo, and free from BK 5 gallon pickle bucket.
That's an evening I have enjoyed many times in my life. Thanks for bringing back the good memories.

Dave

karstopo

Reaction score
If the fabric and metal lasts, they might be worth it. Seems like we get 2-3 years out of the cheap ones before the plastic seat degrades in the sunlight. The ones that we take to the beach might last two years before the metal gets corroded so bad the chairs become useless. But we can buy a lot of the cheap ones for the price of a yeti and won’t ever have to worry about leaving the cheap ones on the beach unattended if we decide to take a walk.

Anything yeti around here is like leaving a stack of money with no one guarding it. There’s a constant dribble of thieves that evidently have gas money and a car or truck and patrol the beaches (we have drive on beaches) and boat ramps looking you those yeti coolers to snatch and grab to later pawn off. The only defense is to have really roached out coolers and furniture that’s too gross even for the tweakers.