Help lumbar/hip pack

pati

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I m hesitating between the new Simms Dry creek Z hip pack (2018 version) or the Fishpond Thunderhead Lumbar pack.

Any opinion would be most welcome! Also if you own one of these I would be very grateful for pictures of the inside of the pack to see how they are inside of there are other compartments/pockets.

Thanks a lot!!!

Might also consider the simms G4 although it doesn't seem as waterproof (more water repellent than waterproof)

Thanks

oldskewl808

Reaction score
I have a Simms Dry Creek Z on the way to me right now. I will let you know what I think as soon as it gets here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pati

Reaction score
Hi

Thanks, can't wait for your feedback! Have you considered the fishpond thunderhead before ordering the simms and if yes what made you decide in favor of the simms?

Thanks

pati

Reaction score
Hi Oldskewl,

Did your simms Pack arrive? How is it?

Thanks!

Pat

oldskewl808

Reaction score
I got the pack. It’s not the Z model just the regular dry creek hip. So far I really like it. Seems to be well made. Couple small things almost annoy me tho but just take time getting used to. The waterproof roll top area is nice and big, also seems to waterproof well. I can fit my camera along with all of the stuff I need for a days fishing. There is like 5 pockets in there too which is great for leaders, car keys, etc. aside from the roll top area there is only one small front pocket. I just use that for my GoPro because that pocket is only water resistant not waterproof, so I’m just trying to get used to always having to open up the big roll top to get whatever I need. There is also no water bottle holder. I do like the magnetic hemostat holder though, that is a nice feature. Overall I like the bag, it’s a perfect size and it’s very comfortable. I bought the Simms because it’s quite a bit cheaper than the fishpond.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

markg52

Reaction score
I just bought one, the non-zip version, in orange color Sunday. Bought it primarily to carry on the kayak and use in Belize but you never know. Nice bone oldskewl!

pati

Reaction score
Bought the fishpond hip pack. Save for the lack of a bottle holder it is absolutely brilliant piece of kit !!!