Womens Korkers with Boa finally here!

cpowell

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
We have been waiting for Korkers to release their women's boot with the Boa system. Every since I got my pair my fishing buddy has been clamoring for this luxury...The boot was supposed to be out last fall but did not make delivery...Well without further ado it is on it's way! Ruth will be really happy when I surprise her with this upgrade to her footwear.

I have been long critical of Korkers as their products had some terrible fall apart issues...But it seems like they have really made the effort to make amends. I only use gear I trust and believe in and after one season (hard) they are holding up fantastically and the comfort and features are rich.

I am not sure what a few more seasons will do but regardless momma has a pair of new shoes on the way!

Even if she only fishes here and again...make sure the lady has the best of everything and your fishing days will be rewarded!

sparsegraystubble

Reaction score
Are the Korker’s you are talking about the ones with the interchangeable sole? That concept fascinates me, but I have never seen ond and I have gotten stuck in some gooey mud in the past. I’m curious whether you could end up losing the sole in that kind of mud.

My current boots are Cabela’s with BOA and studs, but I have to keep another pair around in case I end up in someone’s boat. Wouldn’t want to tear up the boat with metal studs.

I am sold on. The BOAs though. And a smart purchase for your wife in more ways than one.

Don

brownbass

Reaction score
Are the Korker’s you are talking about the ones with the interchangeable sole? That concept fascinates me, but I have never seen ond and I have gotten stuck in some gooey mud in the past. I’m curious whether you could end up losing the sole in that kind of mud.

My current boots are Cabela’s with BOA and studs, but I have to keep another pair around in case I end up in someone’s boat. Wouldn’t want to tear up the boat with metal studs.

I am sold on. The BOAs though. And a smart purchase for your wife in more ways than one.

Don
The Darkhorse Korkers I have had since the first of the year have been great. The BOA system works better than the one on the Simms G4's owned by my friends. I doubt that mud would pull the soles off of the boots they seem to be fastened on pretty tightly. As to wearing them in a drift boat just change the soul to a less aggressive one. Trident has a review of the Korker soles on YouTube. Check it out it is pretty good.

Bill

cpowell

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Sorry, I missed your post. Thanks Bill.

Yes, they are the darkhorse and yes they have interchangeable soles and I have tested mine thoroughly for a season and so far they are doing very well.

I have been hard on korkers in the past but I really think you have to start somewhere and they have done a great job of making their boot more durable while offering a lot of nice features. They are expensive though.