Wading Boot Questions

MikeG

Reaction score
I been wading for several years and have gone through several boots. I never found a good pair that fit well(for me) and was comfortable for extended period of use. I think one of my biggest problems have been I wear a size 14 shoe. I know from selling wading boots most people tend to get a size or two larger to make room for the neoprene booties. Anyone know of any good wading boots that are comfortable and built well? I need something that will fit my big feet. I do lot of 6-8 hour wading days. In cheap boots it will kill your feet in two hours.

Anyone know of any good boots?

MikeG

Reaction score
Woah, guys don't all answer at once. I thought sites like this are suppose to be helpful....Guess not!:confused::icon_roll

Frank Whiton

Most Senior Member
Reaction score
Hi Mike,

Not a lot of people are using size 14 wading boots.

You best bet may be the Orvis Henry's Fork II Premium Wading Shoe. They are a good boot and come in size 15.

All the Simms boots come in size 14. I would not buy the Simms unless I tried them on with my waders.

Frank

Orvis Henry's Fork II

MBWCC

Reaction score
All the Simms boots come in size 14. I would not buy the Simms unless I tried them on with my waders.
I wear an honest size 13 street shoe. I have worn other manufacturers' size 13 wading shoes (Bass Pro Shop "White River", Orvis, etc.) without issue. I have a pair of size 13 Simms G3 Guide boots that are a hair too tight. I recently purchased a pair of size 14 G3 boots that fit nicely. For someone with honest size 14 street shoe feet I don't think the Simms is the answer. Unfortunately, I loved the Bass Pro Shop "White River" wading shoes comfort & fit, but I didn't like the longevity (the upper disintegrated after about 9 months in a ~200 days on the river year).

axle27

Reaction score
I don't know how good they are yet, but I just got these in today. For the price, and the reviews they get, they seem to be OK. I'm gonna try them on with the socks and waders tomorrow to see if there is fit problem.

Wading boots

BlueDun

Reaction score
Try a pair of Korker's Guides. Several people on this list recommended them to me when I was looking for something with aquastealth soles. They are really comfortable. They also come in sizes 14 and 15.