Orvis FF Gear coupons?

mtaag3

Reaction score
Stab in the dark but does anyone know if Orvis has any fly fishing coupons floating around? I’m looking for a new set of wading boots and am thinking on trying the Orvis ones

Akflyguy

Reaction score
I dont know of any coupons buy just bought my wife the orvis encounter boots and she loves them. They look nice too!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

dennyk

Reaction score
I do get them once and a while in the mail. To receive them you need to be on Orvis's mailing list. You can register at any Orvis shop. I did take advantage of that once for 20% off a Renzetti vise. I know they offer discounts on clothing, etc.. but I don't think they still offer the same for tackle.

Denny

mtaag3

Reaction score
I've been on the email list and cannot remember the last time I actually got a Fly Fishing coupon. I get coupons all the time for Orvis for clothes, home, even the dog. But Fly Fishing? Heck no.

photoguy

Reaction score
Agreed. They used to send a 'spend 50 get 25 off' coupon pretty regularly that applied to everything but these days fishing gear is generally excluded in the fine print. Not sure how true this is but someone told me that there was a new marketing guy there who made that call. I did just see on FB today, an LL Bean 25% off first purchase coupon fwiw.

JasonTX

Reaction score
Yeah It’s literally been a couple of years since I’ve received a coupon from Orvis that could be used on fly tackle. If you need new scottish driving cap or some fatwood you’re in luck with regular coupons!

Orvis does offer an accross the product line 10% discount for veterans that I use. For online purchases you just log into IDme and in store I just show my DL (it says veteran here in TX). That discount adds up for those eligible, and is another reason I like the brand.

matt77

Reaction score
If you have an Orvis store locally I have found they let you use the coupon on fly fishing. usually use it to pick up flies I don't tie.

tcorfey

Reaction score
I recently purchased their previous version of the Silver Sonic convertible waders for 50% off. That was a good deal.

Currently and for a limited time they are offering free standard shipping on all fly fishing gear.

Matt4.0

Reaction score
My MIL actually thought to send me one of their “$25 off $50” coupons a month or so ago. It was a printed one so didn’t have any details on the exclusions, but when I tried to use it online it wouldn’t accept it for the couple fly fishing gear items I tried it on.

ottosmagic13

Reaction score
My MIL actually thought to send me one of their “$25 off $50” coupons a month or so ago. It was a printed one so didn’t have any details on the exclusions, but when I tried to use it online it wouldn’t accept it for the couple fly fishing gear items I tried it on.
I get that same ad from time to time. I brought in to my local store when I purchased my Renzetti last month, they ended up giving me the "fly tying class" discount. I think it was 20%, so I saved ~$32.

Might bring the ad and see what they can do. My encounter boots are still going strong after two years.

hawk45

Reaction score
Was at my local Orvis and the salesman told me they don't do coupons on fishing gear anymore. Only way to get some is to signup for their free Fly Fishing 101 class at your local shop. Free 3 hour class and he said they do give some nice coupons and discounts upon completion that are for fly gear (rods/reels/etc). Told me to bring the wife to get double the coupons. Just can't use them all at once.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

City Rat

Reaction score
Streams in the GWNF, SNP,Potomac, Rappahanock and
Agreed. They used to send a 'spend 50 get 25 off' coupon pretty regularly that applied to everything but these days fishing gear is generally excluded in the fine print. Not sure how true this is but someone told me that there was a new marketing guy there who made that call. I did just see on FB today, an LL Bean 25% off first purchase coupon fwiw.
X2 I'm on their mailing list, got a coupon that said $50.00 off if you spend over $200.00. I called an put in an order over $200 and they said that the coupon didn't apply. I raised cain about it given that guys were actually fly fishing in the picture on the coupon. When it eas clear that without the discount I was going to cancel the order and buy from a competitor, they applied the coupon to my purchase. Beware of the fine print on their coupons.

flytie09

Reaction score
I got a $25 off $50 last week and the fine print read that it is only for non sale regular priced items only. This is new, I think..... it’s tough to make a buck. Better than nothing I guess. Good for small items like dubbing, hooks, Indy’s and fly boxes.

I circular filed it.

ejsell

Reaction score
The one I received in the fine print said not good for fishing items.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Same here. My "local" Orvis is about an hour and a half away but with the coupon I would stop in several times a year and stock up. (I'd also stop in several times a year without the coupon) I have stopped in only a couple times since they stopped allowing it to be used on fly gear and only to pick up one or two items.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

City Rat

Reaction score
Streams in the GWNF, SNP,Potomac, Rappahanock and
While I didn't make the all too easy and obvious joke about bait and switch I did make that argument on the phone, send a fly fisherman an ad covered in fly fishing pics and tell them in the fine print, oh this ad has nothing to do with that flyfishing stuff.It's actually kind of sad that they are treating what they claim as a core customer group this way.

Last edited:

smoke33

Reaction score
I actually had a $200 plus order in my cart, put the code in and nothing. I connected with a person on their Chat who informed me of the fine print. I cancelled my order and because I was able to get similar items at Bass Pro for less, gave my money to Bass Pro.
I agree, their add is deceiving and left a bad feeling with me about Orvis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk