DIY boot dryer?

photoguy

Reaction score
Just curious if anybody has made a boot dryer. I sometimes fish on consecutive days and also sometimes suit up to drive to the local river. While it's not a big deal and they're going to get wet anyway, I prefer to put on dry boots for the drive as I may stop for a cup of coffee along the way and don't like sloshing through the local coffee shop! I'm just starting to give some thought to banging something together and looking for additional ideas.

Akflyguy

Reaction score
Just curious if anybody has made a boot dryer. I sometimes fish on consecutive days and also sometimes suit up to drive to the local river. While it's not a big deal and they're going to get wet anyway, I prefer to put on dry boots for the drive as I may stop for a cup of coffee along the way and don't like sloshing through the local coffee shop! I'm just starting to give some thought to banging something together and looking for additional ideas.
PVC pipes and a blow dryer works great but makes a ton of noise. You can find a cheap one for like $20, probably easier and faster than trying to build one

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

photoguy

Reaction score
Thanks for that. I only looked around a little and what I saw was in the $50+ range. I'll have another look. Agreed though that starting with nothing, by the time I acquired the parts it might get expensive which is the very thing I'm hoping to avoid!

Akflyguy

Reaction score
Thanks for that. I only looked around a little and what I saw was in the $50+ range. I'll have another look. Agreed though that starting with nothing, by the time I acquired the parts it might get expensive which is the very thing I'm hoping to avoid!
I've made one before and it worked fine but my wife got tired of trying to find her hair dryer and bought me an actual boot dryer. Nice and quiet and had a happy wife. On second thought....if you're married just use her dryer, maybe she will do the same thing and you'll get a nice boot dryer for free!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

fredaevans

Reaction score
White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone
There are things where 'Reinventing the Wheel' just isn't worth the time/effort. This sounds like one.

fae

JoJer

Reaction score
There are lots of air mattress inflators, battery and plug-ins available that might be a bit quieter, and won't get too hot.

When I take mine off after fishing, I turn them inside-out, so the wet is inside for the trip home. The inside is dry by the time I get home, whereupon, I turn them right side out and hang them up and they're dry in and out in a couple of hours.