Sunglasses, what I'm using;

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
This year I got new shades, Oakley Flak - Prizm Shallow Water Polarized.

I would say they are very good and can be found at reasonable pricing if you call $100 reasonable. I like them , especially since the water has dropped and cleared ;)

spm

Reaction score
Hey, Ard.

I still use Cocoon clip-on, flip ups, due to my Rx glasses.

steve

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Steve,

I have a prescription pair of polarizers also, I get away with wearing these because I wear a contact on my right eye and none on my left. Here's how that works; if I use glasses or contact lens's they correct my distance vision really well...…… But the close range stuff isn't clear especially things like tying knots. I've been doing the one contact thing for years, switching right to left. It may sound strange but I get the best of both worlds, I have no problems reading the river 100 yards ahead while driving through low or boulder strewn stretches and...…… I can see perfectly to read - use this computer or tie a knot :)

The sunglasses I have now allow me to spot salmon really well so I can avoid having one chase and get hooked while I'm fishing for trout / steelhead. I can also pick out a trout hanging around the salmon when they are there. I'm liking them a lot.

trout stalker

Reaction score
I've been using Oakley for many years and really love them. But now that my up close vision is gone I need to start looking at other options.

spm

Reaction score
Hi Steve,

I have a prescription pair of polarizers also, I get away with wearing these because I wear a contact on my right eye and none on my left. Here's how that works; if I use glasses or contact lens's they correct my distance vision really well...…… But the close range stuff isn't clear especially things like tying knots. I've been doing the one contact thing for years, switching right to left. It may sound strange but I get the best of both worlds, I have no problems reading the river 100 yards ahead while driving through low or boulder strewn stretches and...…… I can see perfectly to read - use this computer or tie a knot :)

The sunglasses I have now allow me to spot salmon really well so I can avoid having one chase and get hooked while I'm fishing for trout / steelhead. I can also pick out a trout hanging around the salmon when they are there. I'm liking them a lot.
Ard,
I know that works, but just thinking about sticking my finger in my eye gives me he willies.

s.