Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gear bags

Default Re: Gear bags

Seems like just about every time I go to Cabela's they have small gear bags on sale for around $10. The bags are about 15 X 10 X10. They are handy for sorting and storing all kinds of equipment.
    Cindy

I like Simms' Challenger Ultra Tackle Bag though it's pricey cent for cent with the Fishpond

I found a Leland reel bag Leland Stowaway Reel Case - In Stock, Ready to Fish - Leland Fly Fishing Outfitters similar to that LLBean one in the previous post. Same price, $59 each. Leland is a smidgen bigger. Having grown weary of dragging a couple dozen reels around in cheap canvas bags for some time, today i cracked, aided by a handful of LLB coupons and bought both the LLB and Leland bags. With luck i will keep both. Without i will send them both back. And with really bad luck my wife will see them come in the door and wonder -- out loud -- why we have so many reels we need two carrying cases for them. That is not a really bad question by the way.

My poking around in the internet suggested to me they were the biggest and best and cheapest around.

I made some binders with ziplock bags, duck tape, and rivets. Cost me 2$ very cheap has 25 bags for leaders hooks what ever. I'll post some pics tomorrow lol can't afford the fancy bags

Sent from my 5041C using Tapatalk

5. Likes wthorpe liked this post

As a follow-up to my earlier post on reel bags, i recd both Leland and LLB bags today. i really like Leland, and not so much the LLB. Leland has 12 pockets for reels/spools holding "trout sized" reels even in their pouches. Without pouches you might stuff in 14-16 reels/spools. It is gray/olive, no mfr logos and generally well built. i ordered another shortly after the first arrived. My only "critique" is that i will use it for storage and it has literally 12 little pockets and 2 little+ ones, which are of little use to me. BUT for someone who wants to keep tippet, leaders, and other small doodads in the case they are perfect. LLB reel bag is smaller, 10 slots vs. 12. But I knew that when i ordered it. But it is also kinda cheap looking with fake wooden/cork handle cover and some kind of fake leather looking corner patches. It's going back. but it was a closer call then this might sound. functionally it is fine, and if i had not seen that Leland bag i would have cut that fake handle cover off and lived with it.

I am eying the Dryft backpack as it will hold anything is need plus itís reasonably priced for a waterproof bag.

BKCNTRY Waterproof Backpack - DRYFT™ Fishing Waders

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went to my local Sierra Trading Post store and they had some Kelty bags with a somewhat hard top and bottom with padded dividers on the inside. They were a bit larger than a standard shoe box. I was looking for something to hold my two reels and 2 extra spools so this fit the bill perfectly and still had room for extra leaders, tippet, and some other odds and ends. All in all, it was $18 for the bag and I think it's better than the orvis or ll bean bags because it holds just enough for me to toss in the car along with 2 rods in their cases. As we all know, space is key so I don't want to have a bag that'll hold 4 reels and 4 extra spools and take up a ton of room when I just need 2 and 2 and use the extra room for clothes, food, beverages etc.

9. Likes smoke33 liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12