Fishpond Wading Belts

srock

Reaction score
I am thinking of upgrading my wading belt situation. I have been impressed by the Fishpond Rio Grande and or the West Bank belts. Both cost the same. The West Bank has a dedicated net holding pocket whereas the Rio Grande has several d rings on the belt to attach equipment. Both are 4 inches wide and claim to offer back support. Does anyone own or use one of these belts and is willing to comment on it. Thanks in advance. SR

myt1

Reaction score
I have the Fishpond Rio Grande belt.

I wear it with my Simms G3 waders.

It takes a bit of work, but I can get the belt through the belt loop in the back of the waders, just barely.

I upgraded to this belt because the belt that came with my waders would slip through the belt loops when I unsnapped the buckle. I came close to losing the Simms belt a few times.

Maybe it provides some back support, but I wouldn't count on anything major.

The Rio Grande belt is very well made and I'm glad I purchased it.

osseous

Reaction score
Get the Umpqua- the net holder is rigid and easier to access.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
I have the Fishpond Rio Grande belt.

I wear it with my Simms G3 waders.

It takes a bit of work, but I can get the belt through the belt loop in the back of the waders, just barely.

I upgraded to this belt because the belt that came with my waders would slip through the belt loops when I unsnapped the buckle. I came close to losing the Simms belt a few times.

Maybe it provides some back support, but I wouldn't count on anything major.

The Rio Grande belt is very well made and I'm glad I purchased it.
Hey Rick,

I had the same problem with the Simms belt slipping especially with my wading staff or bear spray on it, quite a hassle...…. I answered that with the Neoprene belt, it stays put.

Matt4.0

Reaction score
I tried the Umpqua belt, I suppose it’s a good design if you plan to use the net holder and retractors. I didn’t use either and found it provided “0” back support in my experience.

osseous

Reaction score
I tried the Umpqua belt, I suppose it’s a good design if you plan to use the net holder and retractors. I didn’t use either and found it provided “0” back support in my experience.
The Fishpond provides even less-

Matt4.0

Reaction score
The Fishpond provides even less-

I suspected as much from its looks. The only one I’ve seen that looks like it might actually provide some support is the Simms. But I figure at the end of the day if one really needs a back support belt you’re probably best off just buying a real one and wearing under your waders. (advice I haven’t tried myself yet)