Patagonia Vest Front Sling

jrhurt

Reaction score
Just picked up this pack and am trying to set it up as efficiently as possible. I try not to carry much gear and am as organized as possible (i.e., I hate digging through a pocket full of stuff). I plan to use the vest front for most of my gear.

Which leads me to my dumb question, does anyone with this pack have pictures of their vest side setup? I am confused how the connection points work. There are rubber loops that I expect you connect zingers, but they just don't make much sense to me how you are supposed to connect. I assume you put your hemos upside down on the left side and clip to the blue loop, but I don't know where to put anything else.
th1556593342789359618211.jpg
Any help and/or insults are appreciated.

reels

Reaction score
I've only used mine 3 times, but this is how I roll when I use it.
Everything I need for fishing is up-front so I don't need to be digging in the back much.

20190430_091224.jpg

I think I'm actually going to try and sell mine.
It's a nice unit, but I don't think sling packs are for me.

jrhurt

Reaction score
Thanks, looks like you aren't using the rubber pieces either. I could hook one carabiner or zinger into it, but I just feel like it has a specific purpose.

JDR

Reaction score
There is no other company that will do more to help its customers than Patagonia. Simply contact them, tell them your issues/concerns, and they will give you as much information as you want/need.

dennyk

Reaction score
While I don't have that particular sling pack, I really like mine for cold weather fishing over multiple layers of clothing and or raingear. When it's cold out it works out much better for me then my vest.

On the inside of mine I carry a pocket digital camera, handwarmers, flies and some cold weather hand and face protection. On the outside I have my nippers, pliers, tippitt spools and thermometer all attached with retractors (Fishpond). On the back portion of the sling strap I have affixed a breakaway magnet and a long retractor to attach to my net.

Welcome to the Forum!

Denny

Gimmeslack

Reaction score
I keep a tippet stack in the lower front pocket. Just don't like too much dangly stuff. But it's on a short length of bungee cord, so when i pull it out i can just drop it and it stays tethered till i'm done knotting.

In the larger upper pocket, a two sided MFC fly box with a selection of flies I might want. Backups or other less used ones in another box in waist pouch.

Top little zippered pocket I have yet to really assign. Right now it has yarn indicator?

Leaders are in waist pouch which can be a PIA. Might move them to front.

I use the little 'locking' Bite Ize biners to tether and just slip them through the slots in the keepers. One holds hemos, the other a small Fishpond PioPod so I can easily trash mono cutoffs.

I have yet to find a good place for Gink. I'll prob resort to buying upside-down holder and lanyard somewhere.

The waist portion has good 'survival mode' gloves, emergency pouch, spare reel, thermometer, and whatever else i need for day.

At first I didn't like the asymmetrical feeling of the sling, but quickly found it to be VERY versatile and comfy.

I'll try and get some pics later...

Gimmeslack

Reaction score
I use the slots to put a mini-biner through and also slip hemos in tube. The one on opp side is currently unused but I might move thermometer there.

Tippet keeper is just a length of bungee with knot on end and a quick adjust on top of leader spool stack. KISS.

I have grown to like the little Nite Ize biners that *lock*. The little plastic clips have openned up on me once too many!

IMG_3381.jpgIMG_3385.jpgIMG_3384.jpg