Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: waders

1. Default waders

I am just getting into fly fishing and I need some waders. I will be fishing the elk river in TN and a few streams out west in Colorado in the summer. I may fish around 40 times a year. I would like to spend no more than $220 or so. I have been looking at some Orvis (mainly the sonic seam), i like them because Orvis is such a strong company that stands behind their products. I have also heard great things about some of the Frogg Togg waders, but I am not sure what their warranty policy is. Any recommendations/product suggestions?

Blog Entries

Default Re: waders

It's hard to beat Orvis' customer service.

Get something with a good warranty, I bought some cheap waders because I couldn't afford the simms I actually wanted at the time. I have already aquasealed the seams on the cheap waders.
    Okiemountaineer

I agree warranty service should be high on your list when it comes to waders. I have a pair of Orvis breathables. Silver....something Sorry, my mind went blank and I cant remember the model name. Wow, thats embarassing..... Anyway, I have been very happy with them.
    Make sure you get sized properly.
    Seth

It's not what I catch when I'm fishing, it's what I lose that matters to me...
    ----------------------------------------
    Good decisions come from experience...Experience comes from bad decisions...

5. Default Re: waders

Tough to top L.L. Bean as far as warranty goes.

I have used their Emerger breathable stockingfoots in the past...they're a solid entry-level wader for less than $100.00

I am sure you'll hear an assortment of solid first-hand opinions from a variety of folks in the know on this site.

What matters is comfort & durability and how well they suit YOUR specific needs.

All the Best!

6. Default Re: waders

I tried on the Orvis enduras at a local fly shop that i liked alot, but then the reviews weren't all that great on orvis' website. Which orvis model is good?

7. Default Re: waders

Orvis is now making a pretty good bootfoot breathable with studs in the rubber soles that look like snowtire studs. My brother has a pair and he can get in and out of them a lot faster than the stocking foot. I've read where some states my outlaw felt soles due to the environmental concerns.

Old spammer....new name

......whose spam post has since been removed
    Last edited by Rip Tide; 12-01-2010 at 11:44 AM.
    The simpler the outfit, the more skill it takes to manage it, and the more pleasure one gets in his achievements. --- Horace Kephart