Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  11
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Simms Vests

Default Re: Simms Vests

I tried on the L and XL; the XL will work best with extra clothes.

Quote Originally Posted by boisker View Post
    It ainít tricky... just measure yourself properly, and then purchase the relevant size!
    Unfortunately it's not always that simple or this thread wouldn't exist.

3. Likes trev liked this post
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dipaoro View Post
    I tried on the L and XL; the XL will work best with extra clothes.
    Sounds Like Problem solved. Always best OP, to try on all clothing in person and make your own choices. Sadly, I have found "to spec" and/or size consistent tailoring to rarely exist in almost any textile product line, whether we know our sizes or not, consistency is rarely found. Let us know how you like your new vest!!
    Last edited by cooutlaw; 12-01-2019 at 01:41 PM. Reason: can't spell sometimes

5. Likes trev liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by ia_trouter View Post
    Unfortunately it's not always that simple or this thread wouldn't exist.
    Hey trouter...
    I’m not sure that’s the best way to analyse threads... if that test was applied to threads a huge number would go missing
    I was a bit blunt in my response and could have taken a moment longer to explain it... but it still holds true, unless it’s your mate or someone whose body shape you know people saying it’s a tight fit or oversized doesn’t really help... the size range for each item are so big for waders/vests it’s not that hard to work out which one to buy... unless you’re right on the boundary between 2 sizes, in which case I’m still not sure me telling someone it does or doesn’t fit me hells them that much.
    I’ll stay away from sizing threads in future
    Last edited by boisker; 12-01-2019 at 12:48 PM.

7. Likes ia_trouter liked this post

Hey trouter...
    I’m not sure that’s the best way to analyse threads... if that test was applied to threads a huge number would go missing
    I was a bit blunt in my response and could have taken a moment longer to explain it... but it still holds true, unless it’s your mate or someone whose body shape you know people saying it’s a tight fit or oversized doesn’t really help... the size range for each item are so big for waders/vests it’s not that hard to work out which one to buy... unless you’re right on the boundary between 2 sizes, in which case I’m still not sure me telling someone it does or doesn’t fit me hells them that much.
    Vendors are all over the place on sizing or it would be easy. It's a legit question unfortunately.

I find that if the size is given in inches or mm that they are usually close enough but if the manufacturer uses XS, S, M, L, XL etc, it means "we didn't measure these things and have no idea how big they are but one is bigger than the other one."
    I've seen shirts where the XL had sleeves shorter than the M.

Hey trouter...
    Point taken Boisker. Some of the vendors have accurate sizing charts. Some do not. I was reading a Cabela's review awhile back. Bigfoot was complaining his large waders have size 27 booties. That's not much of an exaggeration lol. I've purchased some Redington stuff that was sized real flakey too. I have no problem with Asian produced clothing, but somebody needs to send them some mannequins or something.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12