my $30 Raft

webrx

Reaction score
Hi all,

Mentioned this in another post, but I picked up a Sevylor HF360 from a guy off craigslist for $30. it had a couple small pinholes in it, 1 was hard to find, but after a little soap testing I was able to locate and patch both holes.

I purchased a kit from Cabelas (had 2 patches in it) for $6.50 sealed up the holes, and then put aquaseal around the edges of the patch to keep it nice and firm to the raft.

As of now, the boat has been fully inflated for about 6 hours and pressure is holding.

I bought this raft cause I wanted to take my boy on sparks marina and let him do a little fishing without having to drag around the 14 ft creatliner

I was also thinking it might also be a nice getaway boat to throw in the back of the jeep and hit some mountain lakes and ponds.

Not sure I want to float the Truckee in it, though I believe it will do that as I have seen kids in much less floating down the river. I guess as long as you pick your spots and there are no big rapids it would be fine.

Anyway, just thought I would share this deal I made.

Dave

Shane Stroud

Reaction score
Last year I saw a kid floating down the Shetucket River in an inflatable kiddie pool, using a snow shovel for a paddle. He was pretty much just along for the ride, but he looked like he was having fun.

Inflatables are great for just the kinds of things you describe. They're highly portable and, if properly maintained and cautiously used, usually good for relatively calm water.

Congrats on the great Craigslist find!

webrx

Reaction score
Thanks Shane, yeah, I have seen kids floating the river in a lot less. Only negative of floating the river is you gotta haul it back upriver to the car when your done, or have someone meet you downstream.

We are happy for now, but we will see what the future brings.

Dave