Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Lightweight Waders

1. Default Lightweight Waders

I am new to fly fishing and am looking for some lightweight hip/waist stockingfoot waders that are compact and lightweight to pack in and enable use on multiple day hiking trips. They will not be used often, only 1 -2 times a year, mostly for crossing streams, and a little fishing. I realize you get what you pay for, but for what I am going to use them for, I dont need the highest quality, but I also dont want them to tear easily. Any recommendations?
    Thanks

Default Re: Lightweight Waders

I have 2 pairs of Cabela's less expensive waist high's. Love 'em, and they get wet a lot!

Blog Entries

ll bean emergers. the best waders for the money and unconditional lifetime warranty!

casey

ARFE

Blog Entries

I have LL Bean's Flyweight stockingfoot breathables, that I bought as back ups. They run about $60 USD. I got them about two years ago and I wear them about 80% of the time. Lightweight, durable, compress down to about the size of my raingear bag (approx. 13" x 5"). Comes with a belt so you can wear them like waist waders. Great customer service clinches the deal for me.
    "Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn." ~Chuck Clark

Blog Entries

my wife has used the ll bean's flyweights for the past two years and really,really likes them. light,breathable and for 60.00, pretty darn nice.
    that being said, for the additional 30.00, the ll bean emergers are much more durable and will last longer for a much wider variety of situations. are they g4 guide waders? no. but for a hundred bucks you're hard pressed to find better.

casey

ARFE

6. Default Re: Lightweight Waders

Thanks for all the replies!