Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 32

Thread: float tube!?

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    UT, where beer is a sin!
    Posts
    110

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Laramie, WY---Cape Coral, FL
    Posts
    1,956

    Default Re: float tube!?

    Super Fat Cat!!!!!!

    All I can say is after checking em all....this is the one for me.

    I love it!!! I have had many many, given many float tube classes and lessons and once you find the features you like go with what you are most comfy with. For me the Super Fat Cat was the shizzle.

  3. #13

    Default Re: float tube!?

    $209.00 The classic accessories cumberland float tube I am getting mine at cabelas. Comes highly recommended by many fly fisherman I know locally. I have an original U-Boat, it works, and I like being close to the water, however, in a breeze, it is hard to kick when you are against the wind partially because of the rounded nose, partially because your butt is creating drag in the water, and I get cold faster due to sitting mostly in the water. My buddy has a fishcat with the V-hull, much easier to get around in, but I hate the stripping net setup. The cumberland is a combination of the two, sits high out of the water, v-shaped, good stripping apron, good accessories, etc. and only $209 (sign up for the notifications of sales at cabelas.com, and they usually send out a $20.00 coupon, or wait for a sale, but these have not gone on sale yet that I have seen except during the friends and family sale days.

    d

    From the description on the cabelas site:
    Ride high without sacrificing stability. An extra-tall foam seat offers improved visibility and casting range, while the hydrodynamic hull provides maximum stability and nimble tracking. The quick-release stripping apron has a ruler for measuring your catch. Rugged 420-denier nylon top with an 1,100-denier PVC bottom for superior abrasion resistance. Packable with adjustable backpack straps for hiking to your favorite stillwater retreat. Customizable cushioned backrest. Puncture-resistant PVC bladder. Horizontal rod holder. Two cargo pockets with double zippers and eight organizer pockets. Mesh cargo deck. Lash tabs and D-rings for external gear storage. Two drink holders. Boston valve for easy inflation/deflation.
    Assembled size: 56"L x 47"W x 17-1/2"H.
    Weight: 18 lbs.
    Weight capacity: 350 lbs.
    Color: Apple Green/Olive

  4. Default Re: float tube!?

    SFC or Escape.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    3,848
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: float tube!?

    Sorry, no pictures to describe the sag, but here is why it the sag happens with the foam seat. There are two foam block inserted into the seat cushion spot. The only way that the two blocks can fit if they are inserted side by side pointing front to back. It is just like sitting between two seat cushions on a sofa.

  6. #16

    Default Re: float tube!?

    ok thanks, the escape is really cool but not in the range of price im thinkin about. The fish cat deluxe fits me well im only 5'6 140ish. the tube is really apealing but i cant get my eyes of an inflatable pontoon still.

    ---------- Post added at 03:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 PM ----------

    have any of you had a chance to try classic accessories kennebec tube? that seems pretty nice too.

  7. Default Re: float tube!?

    Quote Originally Posted by MoscaPescador View Post
    Sorry, no pictures to describe the sag, but here is why it the sag happens with the foam seat. There are two foam block inserted into the seat cushion spot. The only way that the two blocks can fit if they are inserted side by side pointing front to back. It is just like sitting between two seat cushions on a sofa.
    I am not sure I am reading you right. There are two cushions like mentioned but one in the front and one in the back/opening, so the spit is across you rear. I had this for many years, now separating. The back rest on the other hand would end up bowing.

  8. #18

    Default Re: float tube!?

    hows that classic accessories delaware pontoon? is portable n light, but i dont know much about the quality of classic accessories.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Anthem, AZ
    Posts
    1,096
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: float tube!?

    Quote Originally Posted by webrx View Post
    $209.00 The classic accessories cumberland float tube I am getting mine at cabelas. Comes highly recommended by many fly fisherman I know locally. I have an original U-Boat, it works, and I like being close to the water, however, in a breeze, it is hard to kick when you are against the wind partially because of the rounded nose, partially because your butt is creating drag in the water, and I get cold faster due to sitting mostly in the water. My buddy has a fishcat with the V-hull, much easier to get around in, but I hate the stripping net setup. The cumberland is a combination of the two, sits high out of the water, v-shaped, good stripping apron, good accessories, etc. and only $209 (sign up for the notifications of sales at cabelas.com, and they usually send out a $20.00 coupon, or wait for a sale, but these have not gone on sale yet that I have seen except during the friends and family sale days.

    d

    You might be able to save a little money on this. I believe this is the same tube at Sam's Club for $149.76: Cumberland Float Tube - Sam's Club
    "Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn." ~Chuck Clark

  10. Default Re: float tube!?

    Quote Originally Posted by christianfishn View Post
    hows that classic accessories delaware pontoon? is portable n light, but i dont know much about the quality of classic accessories.
    On another forum I go to, the Classic Accessories frames broke on three or four different people, plus they said the seat was not comfortable.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. float tube fins?
    By caseywise in forum Fly Fishing How To's
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 12-18-2014, 11:28 PM
  2. My new float tube!!
    By tgoodwater2002 in forum Warmwater Fly Fishing
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-14-2009, 09:12 PM
  3. new Bladders for Float Tube
    By puckerstrings in forum Warmwater Fly Fishing
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-14-2008, 11:16 PM
  4. Float Tube Fins
    By FlyDog in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-07-2008, 08:32 PM
  5. Float Tube
    By FlyByNight in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-28-2007, 11:09 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •