float tube!?

christianfishn

Reaction score
Well im lookin to buy myself a new float tube for pond hoppin an slow floatin. ive narrowed it down to the outcast fish cat ics standard or the deluxe version. To get to the point im trying to figure out if the extra cash for the deluxe version is worth the extra cash.:confused: if anyone has any first hand experience etc. with these any info would be great! thank for you help.

caseywise

Reaction score
hello and welcome,
i have the fish cat 4 lcs and absolutely love it. as far as the deluxe model, no comment, as i've had no experience with it. outcast makes quality gear and i think you would be happy either way.:)

casey

christianfishn

Reaction score
how is it for comfort and etc. from what ive heard your rear stays pretty dry is this correct/

MoscaPescador

Reaction score
I prefer the one with the inflatable seat. Since you can vary the amount of air in the bladders, you can fine tune the level of comfort.

Also with the bottom bladder for the seat inflated, you sit higher than the sagging foam seat.

christianfishn

Reaction score
thats what i was thinking but wasn't sure. With the tube do you recommend anything with it? other than waders anf fins?

Jimmie

Reaction score
The super fat cat is the first tube I ever floated (it belonged to a friend). Like everyone says it sits you up higher. Yes your rear is out of the water. There is room behind the seat for storage. It's one of the larger ones IMO.
I ended up buying a Bucks Bag. I liked it because when sitting close to the water I felt more control moving it.

christianfishn

Reaction score
ide prefer to stay up high, im still considering getting an outcast wave 8 pontoon instead but i really like the portability of the tube. i habe 500$ ide be willing to spend on a whole set up.

caseywise

Reaction score
i wear waders when i use my tube so the "dry" factor never comes into play. as for the seat option, being in an upper position on my tube is outstanding my rear end is soundly protected by some sort of scientifically made wader material that works great. as far as comfort, i find the closed cell foam seat of my fish cat to be very nice.

casey

cpowell

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Super Fat Cat!!!!!!

All I can say is after checking em all....this is the one for me.

I love it!!! I have had many many, given many float tube classes and lessons and once you find the features you like go with what you are most comfy with. For me the Super Fat Cat was the shizzle.

webrx

Reaction score
$209.00 The classic accessories cumberland float tube I am getting mine at cabelas. Comes highly recommended by many fly fisherman I know locally. I have an original U-Boat, it works, and I like being close to the water, however, in a breeze, it is hard to kick when you are against the wind partially because of the rounded nose, partially because your butt is creating drag in the water, and I get cold faster due to sitting mostly in the water. My buddy has a fishcat with the V-hull, much easier to get around in, but I hate the stripping net setup. The cumberland is a combination of the two, sits high out of the water, v-shaped, good stripping apron, good accessories, etc. and only $209 (sign up for the notifications of sales at cabelas.com, and they usually send out a $20.00 coupon, or wait for a sale, but these have not gone on sale yet that I have seen except during the friends and family sale days.

d

From the description on the cabelas site:
Ride high without sacrificing stability. An extra-tall foam seat offers improved visibility and casting range, while the hydrodynamic hull provides maximum stability and nimble tracking. The quick-release stripping apron has a ruler for measuring your catch. Rugged 420-denier nylon top with an 1,100-denier PVC bottom for superior abrasion resistance. Packable with adjustable backpack straps for hiking to your favorite stillwater retreat. Customizable cushioned backrest. Puncture-resistant PVC bladder. Horizontal rod holder. Two cargo pockets with double zippers and eight organizer pockets. Mesh cargo deck. Lash tabs and D-rings for external gear storage. Two drink holders. Boston valve for easy inflation/deflation.
Assembled size: 56"L x 47"W x 17-1/2"H.
Weight: 18 lbs.
Weight capacity: 350 lbs.
Color: Apple Green/Olive

MoscaPescador

Reaction score
Sorry, no pictures to describe the sag, but here is why it the sag happens with the foam seat. There are two foam block inserted into the seat cushion spot. The only way that the two blocks can fit if they are inserted side by side pointing front to back. It is just like sitting between two seat cushions on a sofa.

christianfishn

Reaction score
ok thanks, the escape is really cool but not in the range of price im thinkin about. The fish cat deluxe fits me well im only 5'6 140ish. the tube is really apealing but i cant get my eyes of an inflatable pontoon still.

---------- Post added at 03:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 PM ----------

have any of you had a chance to try classic accessories kennebec tube? that seems pretty nice too.

Joni

Reaction score
Sorry, no pictures to describe the sag, but here is why it the sag happens with the foam seat. There are two foam block inserted into the seat cushion spot. The only way that the two blocks can fit if they are inserted side by side pointing front to back. It is just like sitting between two seat cushions on a sofa.
I am not sure I am reading you right. There are two cushions like mentioned but one in the front and one in the back/opening, so the spit is across you rear. I had this for many years, now separating. The back rest on the other hand would end up bowing.

christianfishn

Reaction score
hows that classic accessories delaware pontoon? is portable n light, but i dont know much about the quality of classic accessories.

rangerrich99

Reaction score
$209.00 The classic accessories cumberland float tube I am getting mine at cabelas. Comes highly recommended by many fly fisherman I know locally. I have an original U-Boat, it works, and I like being close to the water, however, in a breeze, it is hard to kick when you are against the wind partially because of the rounded nose, partially because your butt is creating drag in the water, and I get cold faster due to sitting mostly in the water. My buddy has a fishcat with the V-hull, much easier to get around in, but I hate the stripping net setup. The cumberland is a combination of the two, sits high out of the water, v-shaped, good stripping apron, good accessories, etc. and only $209 (sign up for the notifications of sales at cabelas.com, and they usually send out a $20.00 coupon, or wait for a sale, but these have not gone on sale yet that I have seen except during the friends and family sale days.

d

You might be able to save a little money on this. I believe this is the same tube at Sam's Club for $149.76: Cumberland Float Tube - Sam's Club

Joni

Reaction score
hows that classic accessories delaware pontoon? is portable n light, but i dont know much about the quality of classic accessories.
On another forum I go to, the Classic Accessories frames broke on three or four different people, plus they said the seat was not comfortable.