Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Default hole in Neo waders

I have a set of neoprene waders that are not leaking yet but soon i guess. I must have had a rock in my shoe and it wore down the outer layer of the wader. What is the best way to repair them. Its a very small hole less then a 1/4 of an inch.

I have a aquaseal patch kit? is this a smart idea to do?

Default Re: hole in Neo waders

1. Make sure the area is clear of dirt and dry.
    2. Grab the GOOP or Aqua-seal and apply a dab(directly from the tube or your finger) big enough to cover the area and just a little more.
    3. Leave as is to dry or apply a small piece of wax paper until dry for a smooth finish.
    4. Lick finger clean. j/k

Also for a "fast fix", Loon Outdoors makes "Sun Patch" that comes in a small tube and dries very quickly when exposed to the Sun or artificial U.V. light. This stuff dries in like 5 minutes so make your repair in the shade before exposing to Sunlight,it does dry in cloudy conditions too, but takes a few moments longer.
    Also works fine on Gore-Tex type materials.

I took a nasty fall during a trip to the San Juan several years ago and ripped a fairly big hole in my Simms, The 'Sun Patch' worked very well and saved my trip. Needless to say....there is always a tube tucked away in my dry bag just in case.
    Last edited by fysh; 01-20-2011 at 01:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fyshstykr View Post
    1. Make sure the area is clear of dirt and dry.
    2. Grab the GOOP or Aqua-seal and apply a dab(directly from the tube or your finger) big enough to cover the area and just a little more.
    3. Leave as is to dry or apply a small piece of wax paper until dry for a smooth finish.
    4. Lick finger clean. j/k

Also for a "fast fix", Loon Outdoors makes "Sun Patch" that comes in a small tube and dries very quickly when either exposed to the Sun or exposed to artificial U.V. light. This stuff dries in like 5 minutes so make your repair in the shade before exposing to Sunlight. Also works very well on Gore-Tex or similar type material.

I took a nasty fall during a trip to the San Juan several years ago and ripped a fairly big hole in my Simms, The 'Sun Patch' worked very well and saved my trip. Needless to say....there is always a tube tucked away in my dry bag just in case.
    I dont have much to add except that a patch kit always lives in my vest for exactly these reasons.

Stretch the spot to be repaired open as you apply the Goop/ Aquaseal and press the material in with a wet finger.
    You won't need a patch
    The simpler the outfit, the more skill it takes to manage it, and the more pleasure one gets in his achievements.” --- Horace Kephart