lfloat line for getting down with new sage 7 ds

ffffg

Reaction score
with float line and indicator, what line would be best for 7 ds sage.. is the rio windcutter wf7f a good line for heavy flies for getting down in deep water? i can get the cortland 333 ht wf7f for about half that cost.. what say you all? ive been getting orvis advantage and frankly i cant see alot of difference in floating lines.. but im having trouble in the wind tho, and am trying to fix that.... thanks dave..

BigCliff

Reaction score
Well if you want to get down deep and beat the wind, you're much better off with a sinking or sink tip line. Other than that, $40 spent on a casting lesson to tighten up your loops and/or work on double hauling will do much more good than a new line.

Rio's windcutter may be the best out there for beating the wind, but a floating line cast in a big loop with low line speed is never gonna give you the results you're after.

dougm

Reaction score
Cliff's absolutely correct. As I think I mentioned in another thread, Rio's WindCutter is a great line ... but not for getting a fly down deep.

Why not try a Scientific Anglers Mastery line called the Streamer Express. I believe me review is on this Forum.

Doug