Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

View Poll Results: So you where sunglasses while you fish?

Voters
107. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sometimes

14 13.08%
  • Always

88 82.24%
  • Never

5 4.67%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Sunglasses while fishing...

Oakley Half Jacket, XLJ fishing specific lenses. Always wear polarized. Always wear glasses even if your not the one casting, last thing you want is a hook in the eye!!
    Davo
    My worst day on the water beats my best day anywhere else hands down!!

Upstream Anglers and Outdoor Adventures

2. Default Re: Sunglasses while fishing...

Native Eyewear is wheres its at man. I have the silencers and the grips! Love them both! Both glasses have amber lenses and the are perfect for any light on the trout stream. If you have never fished with polarized glasses on a trout stream your missing out man. You'll see double the fish I Promise!
    NATHAN DOTSON
    StoneFly Outfitters, Boone NC

Polarised Ray-Ban.

If i can find it, i have a pic of a deer hair mouse with the hook stuck right in the middle of the right eye of a pair of cheap safety glasses, I picked up the gas station special on the way up to Mio for some mousing and the wife called and told me my glasses were on the dining room table, and the folks i would be throwing line with were not very experienced casters during the day much less at night and two casts into the night I felt the guy next to me on my left hand side. heard the buzzing and then felt like a golf ball hit me. I know I can still see to shoot out of my right eye because of those glasses and will not get on the water with out a pair.

5. Default Re: Sunglasses while fishing...

I voted sometimes, but probably should have put always. The only times I don't are on really dark days (or at dusk), at which time I have on my prescription glasses. I agree with everyone else about protection from hooks, so I never fish without something. After seeing some older members of my family have issues from sun damage, I've taken to wearing sunglasses much more often than I used to, not only on the water, but in general.

And, on a less medical note, polarized lenses definitely help you see into the water, which can help you not only pick out fish, but pick out structure as well.

6. Default Re: Sunglasses while fishing...

ALWAYS!!!! My eyes are very sensitive to sunlight anyway. If I fish after dark then safety glasses. My sunglasses of choice are Orvis HVO's...and the TRI-SPECTRUM. Both glass lenses so more durable and very will balanced. NO DISTORTION what so ever. Worth every penny.

7. Default Re: Sunglasses while fishing...

I always wear my glasses. Costa Del Mar Zane's with copper 580 lenses.

Blog Entries

I always wear shades. If I know that I will be fishing when the light gets low, I'll wear a pair of clear safety glasses to keep that errant fly out of my eyes.

My two main glasses are Smith Methods. One is black with the photochromatic grey lens for bright days. The other is the brown with the photochromatic copper for more general use.

I have learned that Smith now offers this style for prescriptions (contact lens wearer here). It looks like I might have to get a pair.

MP

9. Default Re: Sunglasses while fishing...

Quote Originally Posted by MoscaPescador View Post
    I always wear shades. If I know that I will be fishing when the light gets low, I'll wear a pair of clear safety glasses to keep that errant fly out of my eyes.

My two main glasses are Smith Methods. One is black with the photochromatic grey lens for bright days. The other is the brown with the photochromatic copper for more general use.

I have learned that Smith now offers this style for prescriptions (contact lens wearer here). It looks like I might have to get a pair.

MP

Now those are good looking!!!! I have some Action Optics also. They are the thinner profile. I scratched the heck out of them and it cost me $12. to get them replaced.

I have light sensitive eyes, and wear sunglasses most all the time when outside or driving. I wear polarized for fishing, but just use the 12 dollar wal-mart berkley ones. They work well. I am hard on my shades, so after breaking my $150 oakleys years ago, i dont buy expensive ones.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast