Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

View Poll Results: So you where sunglasses while you fish?

Voters
107. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sometimes

14 13.08%
  • Always

88 82.24%
  • Never

5 4.67%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. Default Sunglasses while fishing...

Do you wear sunglasses when you fish, and if you do, what kind?

Default Re: Sunglasses while fishing...

I never ever attempt a cast without some kind of glasses on. It doesn't matter if it's a pair of $10 gas station glasses or a pair of $200 dollar glasses from a specialty retailer, it is the most important piece of gear. Loosing your vision because of one cast is too much of a price to pay. Here is a little video that should be shown to all fisherman who cast a fly.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MluccXl8Ykw[/YOUTUBE]

I wear good old government issue sunglasses. Normally, prescription sunglasses aren't cheap, but I get these for free. We call them BCG's (Birth Control Glasses) because the wearer is practically guaranteed to repel the opposite sex. They're not flattering, but the price is right. Because I have lost a few sets of sunglasses over the years, I put a lanyard on them, just in case my wading turns into swimming.

frus·tra·tion (frəs-ˈtrā-shən) n. Watching a nine year old with a cane pole and a tin can of worms catch his limit while you get skunked.

Oakley Monster Dog Polarized....of course

5. Default Re: Sunglasses while fishing...

Serrengetti - polarized.
    Plain old safety glasses when it's getting dark

Perscription lens but I had the eye doctor order them polarized. They are dark grey tint but I've heard brown tint is best for fishing. Next pair I'll do my homework.

To everybody who reads this thread. If you are not using polarized sunglasses you are missing fish. It is just that simple. Polarized sunglasses allow you to see into the water and blocks a great deal of reflection. It is much easier to catch a fish you can see than to blind cast hoping something might be there. Now it is true when Trout fishing you can fish seams, pocket water or overhangs and do quite well. But Polarized sunglasses will give you a bunch more opportunities.

Jimmie, dark gray is not all that bad. It gives the best color rendition and in most cases more protection. Some salt water fishers prefer the dark gray and they also make good driving glasses. Some fishers even have different color glasses for different light conditions. I have dark grey and vermilion. The vermilion work good but every thing I look at has a tint to it. I seem to use my grey glasses the most here in Florida.

Frank

Blog Entries

I've got two pairs of polarized glasses(made after pescription) a grey one and a brown one (offered by my wife for my birthday)Frank is right as usual when he says they're absolutely necessary but your sight under water will be improved if you wear a cap with a long visor...try with and without...you'll see the difference

Blog Entries

I agree 100% with what Frank said.

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

10. Default Re: Sunglasses while fishing...

I agree with Frank myself, when I was younger I hated wearing sunglass most of the time, really cant rember why, the sun started bothering my eyes one day so i got a pair of good polarized ones and a whole new underwater world opend up to me, I saw fish and cover that I never seen before, on all waters, ponds, lakes, and rivers. Right now I wear a pair of Serengeti sunglass that cost me 500.00 (prescription), but my wife bought a pair of cacoons and I love them, thye slip over your glasses with out makeing you look like a dork lol. Thats my next pair, so I dont have to compltely switch glasses every time I need a view with out sunglass on.
    Bear
    P.S. make sure for the best underwater veiw to get a pair that wrap around your face

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast