Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Default Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

Im going to Punta Cana in two weeks. I might go out and do some offshore fishing but I want to know if anyone has any expierience with inshore fishing(mostly off the beach). Sadly, I will not be flyfishing. Im justing bringing a spinning rod to try and catch what ever is there. I hear there is tarpon, permit, snook and redfish but who knows. Hopefully I will atleast be able to catch some barracuda. Thanks for any help.

Bobby

Default Re: Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

I realize this is an old thread, but I am heading to Punta Cana in 3 weeks with a group of friends. I'll be bringing fly gear with floating and intermediate lines and will be DIY fishing mostly from the shore, likely only for short periods in the morning or evening. The resort I am staying at also has kayaks available to use so I am considering a bit of trolling with the intermediate line too. I've seen videos of people catching tarpon, permit, bones, cudas, and snook, so I know they are around. I've scouted a couple small reefs close to shore that will try as well... Has anybody been there and have any tips for diy fishing the north end of Bavaro beach area?
    Danny