Australia

10pounder

Reaction score
Hello peeps.

New member here, have posted in the welcome section and a very warm welcome indeed.

I have spent the past thirty odd years backwards and forwards to OZ, and being an obsessive fisho soon caught the 'Swoffing' bug over there.

I belong to a few forums based in Australia but this is the BEST flyfishing forum I have found in the UK by far.:)

Just wondering if any of you folks have been, are going to OZ on a fishing adventure. It would be great to hear from fellow Poms (whoops, Brits), and any other world travellers who have experience of this particular country.

It certainly isn't perfect, but as a Swoffing destination it does IMO have HUGE potential and can often be overlooked.

Many thanks for reading.

Cheers AKA.

L

Liphookedau

Hi,I'm in Australia,also on both sites,I was only fishing yesterday afternoon with a Brit & also ran into one fishing the lake I usually frequent.
We have plenty of places to Fish however the distances between them is usually hours or in The case of Barramundi Fishing,it's days away if you are driving.
This has been The best Season locally for me for 20 years as everyone was catching fish on Flies until The Cold weather arrived,however I 'm trying to get fit so I can return to The US.
A young guy who fishes with me & The English guy,who has bought The Top of The Line Sage TXL Rod,all the gear hadn't caught a Fish on The Fly,his average for the first 5 fish averaged over 5 1/2 lbs,something I'd not heard of over here before.
Brian.

L

Liphookedau

Hey liphooked, where do you go when you come to the US? Anywhere near Minnesota?
Dan.
The Closest I've came to Minesota is either Montana or Wyoming.
I had planned to again visit the past two years,especially to again Fish Alaska,Yellowstone & the associated states & Colorado,visit friends in Arizona & Nevada,however because of illnesses,the loss of one of our closest mates,a 60th Party,another coming Engagement Party,a nephews weddind plus I've been giving another mate,the business partner of our other lost mate help to sort out some Cattle 900 -1000 miles away.
As well as fishing our local Lake,The Snowy Mountains I've really done some miles,I've just returned home & am about to travel 400 miles to The Engagement Party as they have given me the job as Barman.
At this stage if everything goes to plan I'm hoping to return to the US in 2013
Brian