Lago Strobel/ Jurassic Lake

k_e_v

Reaction score
Farmington, ill. -Stop by for a cold beer on your
Doesn't appear to be a South America tab so I will follow form and post here;)

I thought I would share my good news that I just booked a trip thru Yellowdog fly fishing for a week stay at Estancia Laguna Verde on Jurassic Lake in Argentina.

I grabbed the December 30th - Jan 6th slot, a little later in the season than I wanted but the date was chosen to accommodate my guide buddy Dave's schedule. From what I have researched the Barrencoso River, the only tributary of the lake, fishes better in November and early December but I am hopeful that we will still get some river time on my dates.
I chose the Laguna Verde over the Jurassic Lake lodge, the lodge that Yellowstone Anglers travels to, for the added variety of the different lakes and lagoons onsite and the increased access to the Barrencoso River and Moro Creek.

I have already been in touch with a couple of past Jurassic Lake travelers here on the forum and would love to hear from anyone else who has been there or has any input on the area.

I am now in the gear acquisition phase of the trip, also a fun time:thumbsupu, and finishing up a few honey-do projects as you can imagine:clap:

Any thoughts? kev

k_e_v

Reaction score
Farmington, ill. -Stop by for a cold beer on your
Gentleman, All loaded up, checklists checked, flights confirmed, weather forecasts noted and going to bed for a hopefully restful night before jumping on the plane tomorrow.
I am counting on the forum to step up in the unlikely event of a kidnapping and ransom:p

Talk to ya later with pics i hope;)

kev