Tiger Trout?

Guy M

Reaction score
Looks like my son and I hit some of these "Tiger Trout" hybrids at Beehive Reservoir this evening, above Wenatchee. Hadn't fished Beehive in a while. Neat fish, very aggressive on the dry flies we were using!!!

Sure made for a fun evening of fishing!

Joni

Reaction score
Pound for pound, they are a great fight! Looking good!

troutdoorsman

Reaction score
I just found out about a reservoir just south of the Oregon border called Knott Creek which is suppose to house tiger trout up to 30 inches. Hopefully I can make it up there this fall and get some pics.

webrx

Reaction score
Very nice, I think Tiger trout are really pretty looking fish and I hear they put up a great fight. Can't wait to hook into one, just gotta find out where they are locally....

d

troutdoorsman

Reaction score
there are very few spots locally for tigers here Dave unfortunately. I have heard Spooner has some but other than that it's a drive to get to them.

jpbfly

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Nice fish,in some european countries (Slovenia,Italy...) there are Marmorata Trout they're beautiful fish...I've only caught one so far....long ago in Switzerland;)here's what it looks like.

webrx

Reaction score
there are very few spots locally for tigers here Dave unfortunately. I have heard Spooner has some but other than that it's a drive to get to them.

Yeah that is what I heard too, I also heard that there is a reservoir around Carson that has some big brookies and maybe some planted tigers, but it is hard to get too, you need to carry a float tube in for about 1/2 mile, and requires 4wd to get there. I have the 4wd and tube, just need to find someone to show me the correct way to get there, hoping to get up there next spring. I tried to get there once, but discretion took hold when I started up a very steep hill and figuring i was alone and nobody knew where i was, I turned around and came back and fished the river.

d