Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Southwest Oregon - Early October

1. Smile Southwest Oregon - Early October

Hi there!
    Just found this site, seems to be alot of great information on here.
    Looking at the Grants Pass area in Early October, not looking for anyones rock to stand on, but, some areas to concentrate on would be great.

My wife and I only chuck feathers and are looking for some bank accessible water to swing flys , or hit some tailouts with a egg patterns, as I think the trout will be keying in on the spawning salmon.

As we have never fished that area (last year we hit the Bend area and had lots of fun on the Metolious, Deschutes and the Fall) would like some pointers and maybe a few shops that we should hit up and possibly a guide or two for a daytrip?

Really appreciate any information you might be able to forward on, always willing to trade a few BC spots with ya.

Regards

Dean

Blog Entries

Default Re: Southwest Oregon - Early October

Dean! Glad to see (read) a new face (avatar) on the forum! While I am of little use, I'm sure someone will weigh in soon with more than enough useful information to answer your questions! Again, welcome!
    - A.J.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...

Default Re: Southwest Oregon - Early October

Quote Originally Posted by deanm View Post
    Hi there!
    Just found this site, seems to be alot of great information on here.
    Looking at the Grants Pass area in Early October, not looking for anyones rock to stand on, but, some areas to concentrate on would be great.

My wife and I only chuck feathers and are looking for some bank accessible water to swing flys , or hit some tailouts with a egg patterns, as I think the trout will be keying in on the spawning salmon.

As we have never fished that area (last year we hit the Bend area and had lots of fun on the Metolious, Deschutes and the Fall) would like some pointers and maybe a few shops that we should hit up and possibly a guide or two for a daytrip?

Really appreciate any information you might be able to forward on, always willing to trade a few BC spots with ya.

Regards

Dean
    Hi Dean and welcome to the site.

google Fly Fish USA they've been in the business for years and should be able to help you.
    I've ony fished the lower parts of the Rogue so no help from me for the Grants Pass area, hope you have a good trip.

Rick

White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone

Exclamation Re: Southwest Oregon - Early October

Waaaaaaay out of date seeing this thread but the 'upper-Rogue is my play ground. Anyone needs info on the who/what/where/when feel free to contact me.

And yes, I have no problem telling you 'what rock to stand on.'

Fred Evans
    White City
    Oregon
    When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. - Billy Graham"