Bandon Golf AND Fishing

jayhawker

Reaction score
Hi Pacific Northwest folks- I'm coming out to your area in a few weeks for a bucket list golf trip with my Dad. He is not a fisherman, but at 72, he can't play 36 holes of golf a day either. So I'm wanting to bring my fly rod out and was curious if there are places you'd recommend for me to check out in the afternoons?

Thanks all!

dillon

Reaction score
I live in northern Oregon. I have not fished the Southern Oregon coast, but the fishery is pretty much the same up and down the coast. Coastal rivers are all low now, but if it rains it should start the fall run of sea run cutthroat trout. There may also be some summer steelhead and cutthroat in the upper sections of the rivers. Redtail surf perch can be caught of the beaches with fly gear and rock fish can be found off the jetties. You might also check out the lakes in the area which will hold Bass and stocked trout. Bandon is a beautiful area and the golf course should be everything you have heard and more. Have fun!

jayhawker

Reaction score
Awesome, thanks dillon! I wondered if coming from CO, that I would need a little different equipment than I usually carry. But the inland lakes sound like something I could spend some time on. I'll try to find a nearby shop or maybe even (gasp) look at a map! Appreciate it, looking forward to the trip.