Looking for Recommendations...

0bie

Reaction score
Hey folks,

I'm curious about fishing the Olympic Peninsula sometime next season, probably late summer-mid autumn. Can you recommend any good fly-fishing oriented guidebooks for the region?

Thanks!

fredaevans

Reaction score
White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone
Too many years back now for there; BUT that's where/when you want to be on the upper Rogue River.

Fishie-fishie in the brook .. here's a worm for you to took, take? What ever; :wiggle:head for the top, the water is loaded with the thingies. Need to up-date my fishing regs as they may have closed off the top half mile.:shades:

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm going to guess that Google will be your friend on this one, I've not fished on the Olympic Peninsula but can recommend the Rogue and North Umpqua. I was down there three years ago (wow time flies) for ten days and spent most on the Rogue with only 2 on the Umpqua. When I go south again it'll be to the upper Deschutes. I understand that if you can arrange a water taxi to get you and a camp up there in the fall there aren't too many others at that time of year. Of course there are fewer fish which explains the lack of fishermen.

I do hope that after your trip you'll post a few pictures for us (especially me :) ) when you are done.

Ard