Seattle Area Fishing

mjkirshner

Reaction score
We are going to be visiting the Microsoft campus/Bellevue area outside Seattle some time this summer, and I wanted to get some fishing recommendations. I am in south Florida, and have saltwater gear, but also have some lighter freshwater gear and even a switch rod (although not much skill at using it). We will probably only be there for a few days, so it would have to be something fairly close to town and just a part-day trip. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

fredaevans

Reaction score
White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone
Last edited:

stilly

Reaction score
The Snoqualmie Forks are a quick trip from Bellevue. Lots of public access on the South Fork around Tinkham campground. Small trout, ideal 3-4wt water, but doesn't turn on until mid July due to snowmelt.

If time/resources permit, the Yakima would be my first choice. Would require a full day and a boat but it is a wonderful fishery. If I am still out here (hoping to have moved back home by then) and you can allot a full day you would be welcome to float it with me. Otherwise I would recommend Red's Fly Shop.

No matter where you fish a few things to keep in mind: Traffic is terrible. Especially in Bellevue and I-90 on the weekends. Don't leave anything in your vehicle, break-ins are all too common.