Hawii news

Stan Wright

Reaction score
Well I just couldn't stand by and have no one in the Pacific post anything......

The first weeks of Feb. have been cold and the water temperature in Lake Wilson here on Oahu (Honolulu) is 68 degrees.... Those tropical fish, the peacock bass, have pretty much gone into hibernation. Still catching some largemouth bass, but overall fishing has been really slow.

This week a fellow angler was out testing his brand new bass boat. His dream come true. Some how he fell overboard. A lady on shore heard shouts for help and saw the boat going around in circles... She called police. Several hours later his body was recovered by divers. Sad.

When fishing alone, I always wear one of theose self inflating life vests. A gift from my wife......

Aloha,
Stan

extremeflyfishing

Reaction score
Hey Stan,

I saw your post on Lake Wilson and it brought back some great memories of the couple days we spent fishing there a few years back. That was one of my very first fly fishing trips, and it was also one of my most memorable to date. Remember that Peacock Bass that I got from out of the tree stump, and the line got wrapped around the branch for a minute until the Bass jumped clear? Wow, like it was yesterday. Here's a photo of that fish, and thanks.

Get in touch, and let's fish together again, Rocky Mtns, Hawaii, or wherever?

Dennis Kreutz
extremeflyfishing.com