Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Crowley Lake...

Default Crowley Lake...

Here's a few questions for all you Crowley Lake fisherman. The Troutfitter, a shop in the Eastern Sierra's, has a 6 DVD set of a seminar on fishing Crowley Lake entitled 'The Crowley Lake University'.

Has anybody watched the DVDs?? How were they?? According to the discription on the web site, it loaded with all kinds of good information. Were they?? Was it worth the $80??

Inquiring minds want to know...

Thanks!!
    -Mack

Blog Entries

Default Re: Crowley Lake...

haven't seen em, but fish Crowley at least a couple of times most years. I'd spend the $80 on flies from the local shops and let them fix me up with what's working the days I'm there. They'll also clue you about where to fish the rest of the day, after the wind blows you to shore.

Google just a bit and you'll have access to info on the deep water indicators and regular fly patterns, areas of the Lake, etc. I don't believe there are any secrets...

Most local shops have current (and pretty good) fish reports on their web sites. I just look at them and then stop in to say hi when I get to town. Town being either Bishop or Mammoth Lakes...

I'm not a dvd guy (disclaimer)

-Mike

Got that covered: I check the reports, the local shops for the low down, and google the 'new and/or improved' tatics that I hear about. I usually hit the seminars at my local fly shop and the shows when they come around, not much new there, just a rehash of the past, usually by the same guys. Every once in a while I'll glean some new insight or see something in a different perspective that makes them worth checking out repeatedly.

Anyhow, I was just currious as to the worth of the DVD's, to see if anyone had checked them out, and to get a first person review and not an 'I heard...' kind of review.

-Mack

Blog Entries

The water there still looks a little hard

Crowley Cam

The cam is real time.

I'll be there May 9-16, camped over by Tom's Place...-Mike

Thereís an article on Crowley Lake in the March/April 2011 edition of Southwest Fly Fishing magazine. The cover price is $6.95, a significant savings compared to the $80 DVD set...just a thought.
    Time flies like an arrow, trout flies like a river.

Thanks Mudboy, I've read the artical. I was just currious as to the worth of the DVD's from a first hand experience form someone who's actually watched them.

Never seen them either but if you ever get to Bridgeport, Bridgeport Reservoir or Twin Lakes is the place. Opening day on the Reservoir is the place to be.