Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
  1. Default SoCal- Where to go in May 2010?

Hey everyone,

New to this forum, and just recently got back into fly fishing after about a 10 year hiatus. Currently living in Pasadena, and am looking at heading out over the next couple of months in the local area. Currently on the map would be the wild section of the San Gabriel River (West Fork) and possibly Bear Creek below Big Bear Lake Dam. Other than that, looking at some recommendations within 1 to 2 hours of Pasadena for good fly fishing.

Thanks for the input,

Gusto

2. Default Re: SoCal- Where to go in May 2010?

I know around Mammoth and June there are tons of killer spots. The mountains near Bishop are great and only a 3.5 hour drive from Pasadena, look up Whitney Portals I think it was called man its been a long time since I trout fished there......To really get into the swing fast and learn about equipment maybe go to Alaska and catch 100 fish a day. A friend has www.fishbluefly.com Patricia is the bomb up there and very reasonable for what it is.

Or come play with me in Hawaii for some killer bonefish fly fishing that will blow your mind, but get your double haul down first as it is Varsity fishing, but a super fun addrenaline packed day. fly fishing guides in hawaii check out the video section

Capt Mike

3. Default Re: SoCal- Where to go in May 2010?

Welcome Gusto, PM sent

Sean

4. Default Re: SoCal- Where to go in May 2010?

Thanks for the link. I actually usually spend quite a bit of time in HI over the summer, but have never fly fished. Will keep that in the back of my mind.