Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
  1. Default New to the board/sport

Hey guys my name is Joe, I live in OC, Ca. I just recently moved back to OC from Joplin, Mo where I was going to school. I picked up fly fishing out there from a good friend who use to be a guide in Colorado and is an amazing tier. I have mostly caught only my normal rainbows and just started exploring the river socal have to offer, i actually when out today with the wife into the mtns of SB and had a great time bushwhacking to find trout. I come from a spearfishing background, I did some completive free diving and i still currently spearfish out in our pacific mostly for pelagics, wsb and lobster. I got into fly fishing because I am an avid backpacker and I figured it would be a great activity to do while I backpack. I'm looking for some new buddies to go out fishing with, I really enjoy hiking to my fishing destination and scrambling rocks to get there so if anybody needs a fishing partner pm me or even a dive buddy as I dive a lot too. So far everybody seems cool on the board, thanks for any info too

JB

Blog Entries

Default Re: New to the board/sport

as an avid backpacker, size and weight will be key. there are some nice optins available.
    Frequent Flyer Fly Rods | Travel Fly Rods | Combo Fly Rod & Reel | Freshwater & Saltwater Fishing Rods | Fly Fishing -- Orvis
    or
    the cabelas one.

ARFE

Joe, was that you we ran across? If so, my apologies. We were going to head up drainage about 400-500yds (think 2-3 hours of fishing) to finish out our session.

If that wasn't you, welcome to the board and if you ever want to come up again, I'd be happy to host!
    Curtis
    I fish, therefore, I drink...

4. Default Re: New to the board/sport

Quote Originally Posted by creeker View Post
    Joe, was that you we ran across? If so, my apologies. We were going to head up drainage about 400-500yds (think 2-3 hours of fishing) to finish out our session.

If that wasn't you, welcome to the board and if you ever want to come up again, I'd be happy to host!
    Curtis

Wait were you with your son? I think I might of saw you. No apologies needed bud.

---------- Post added at 10:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 AM ----------

Thanks for the rod options caseywise!

Blog Entries

Joe
    Welcome to the forum and the great sport of fly fishing! We have a few members from So CA so you should be able to get some help on fishing locations and a fishing buddy or two.

Larry
    Larry

Blog Entries

JB from JPYou're right that's a very cool forum

7. Default Re: New to the board/sport

thanks for the welcome!

Blog Entries

Welcome to the board aught seven! milt.
    "Thomas Jeff..." Senator Reisman (Sam Shepard) Swordfish