Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Default Driving home for the holidays from Riverside, CA to Portland, Or

Hey guys im looking for some advice on maybe a couple of places to stop along the way for my trip next week. I plan on driving up the I-5 and was thinking of maybe stopping in on the Kern but have never fished there before.

Also any other places maybe in upper CA to go as well?

thanks for the help in advance.....

catch and release all the way!!!!

"Beginners may ask why one fishes if he is to release his catch. They fail to see that the live trout, sucking in the fly and fighting the rod is the entire point to our sport. Dead trout are just so much lifeless meat." Ernest G. Schwiebert, Jr

Blog Entries

Default Re: Driving home for the holidays from Riverside, CA to Portland, Or

You can hit up the Lower Sacramento River. Call The Fly Shop in Redding for details.

You can hit up the Upper Sacramento River. Call Ted Fay's Fly Shop in Dunsmuir for details.

The Rogue River in southern Oregon should have fish in it. Maybe Fredaevans can comment on that.

Dennis

Blog Entries

Snow...last reports on the Kern were saying very cold water and limited hatches, although some guys are getting a few nice fish in the 20 miles above Kernville.

If the weather holds, you could drive up 395 and fish the Lower Owens, Owens Gorge, Hot Creek, E Walker, etc. It'll add maybe 2 hrs drive time (at most, from Riverside) and these waters are right on your path.

Good luck...-Mike

If you go up I5.. Steelhead in the Trinity or the Klamath
    Dave

Hey guys thank you for the help,

actually am planning on the upper Sac I stopped in at the fly shop in Ashland Or. and will hit the UPS on the way back next week.

will let ya know what happens.

SW
    "Beginners may ask why one fishes if he is to release his catch. They fail to see that the live trout, sucking in the fly and fighting the rod is the entire point to our sport. Dead trout are just so much lifeless meat." Ernest G. Schwiebert, Jr

Quote Originally Posted by dhayden View Post
    If you go up I5.. Steelhead in the Trinity or the Klamath
    The steelhead in those two rivers are haunting me at night. I really wish there were more hours in the day this time of year!
    -Carl

Steelheader's Anonymous.