Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Default Re: Reddng, CA - New Member

Quote Originally Posted by dhayden View Post
    No connection, but I think I've seen these guys on the Upper Sac

Home
    Thanks I'll check that out more.

And also thanks to everyone else for responding.

Default Re: Reddng, CA - New Member

I'll be fishing the lower sac around Redding next week (weds/thurs) in my drift boat. I know the water well and have fished it quite a bit over the past 20+ years. Looking for someone who can fish AND can row! Ideally would like to have 3 in the boat (2 fishing, 1 rowing) with each person able to take a turn on the oars. I've got one friend in town (good fisherman) that should make it on at least one of the days, and my father has shown some interest in fishing but he doesn't row.

If anyone is interested let me know. I'd prefer not to guide (much) so intermediate+ skill level is best, though if you can row you are certainly welcome to come along

Chris

P.S. almost forgot to mention -- fly fishing C&R only!

P.P.S. I floated a 1/2 day on Dec. 27 and it was dynamite. Here's a short video of one of my trout that day:

w6hfp's Channel - YouTube

3. Default Re: Reddng, CA - New Member

Quote Originally Posted by fallguy View Post
    I'll be fishing the lower sac around Redding next week (weds/thurs) in my drift boat. I know the water well and have fished it quite a bit over the past 20+ years. Looking for someone who can fish AND can row! Ideally would like to have 3 in the boat (2 fishing, 1 rowing) with each person able to take a turn on the oars. I've got one friend in town (good fisherman) that should make it on at least one of the days, and my father has shown some interest in fishing but he doesn't row.

If anyone is interested let me know. I'd prefer not to guide (much) so intermediate+ skill level is best, though if you can row you are certainly welcome to come along

Chris

P.S. almost forgot to mention -- fly fishing C&R only!

P.P.S. I floated a 1/2 day on Dec. 27 and it was dynamite. Here's a short video of one of my trout that day:

w6hfp's Channel - YouTube
    damn looks like i got to this a little to late. i wouldve joined u guys for sure.

ive been putting in many hours on the trinity going after steelhead. its been slow out there and id rather not talk about it haha

just in case i dont check the forum frequently enough, my number is 707-365-1906

Erik and others,

I ended up drifting on Thurs and Fri last week (jan 12/13) and fishing was good but not great. Warm, sunny days with no cloud cover. While the baetis hatch was apparent, it wasn't as prolific as late December when the cloud cover combined to create better hatches. That said, we took quite a few fat rainbows on both days:

All these fish were taken on small #18 mayfly nymphs -- S&M, Micro May, etc. The fishing would pick up around 11 am and stay good until about 3 pm. We didn't catch much of anything on either day past 3 pm.

Will be back down in spring for the caddis hatches....

Chris

5. Default Re: Reddng, CA - New Member

It looks like I missed out! Glad you got into some nice ones. I'll be here come spring time

White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone

Well ... if you want to "Come to God's Country" ..... in Southern Oregon (upper Rogue River) give me a 'shout out.'

Fred Evans
    When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. - Billy Graham"

7. Default Re: Reddng, CA - New Member

you are going to love fishing this area. try hat creek near burney!

8. Default Re: Reddng, CA - New Member

Quote Originally Posted by dcmcmill View Post
    you are going to love fishing this area. try hat creek near burney!
    thanks man. I've seen pics and read about Hat Creek. It definitely sounds like the type of area I enjoy fishing. I'll actually make a point to go out there within a month especially because I've been wanting to check it out for quite a while now. Thanks again!

Blog Entries

Talking Re: Reddng, CA - New Member

You Guys are so lucky. I've been trying to move up there forever. It's that pesky employment thing. It always gets in the way of my fishing. those 5 hour drives could be time I'm spending holding my switch rod and not the steering wheel. Anybody need a house built or an employee?. I'm a motived General contractor/carpenter/residential electrician/building maintenance guy. "I'm serious. I love it up there. I'm ready and able to relocate. It is definitely Gods country up there. I have a resume ready to go If need be. Email me at RBCONTRACTING@GMAIL.COM

White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone

F46 you might want to look into Medford, Oregon area?
    When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. - Billy Graham"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast