Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Bass Pro Shops, Rancho Cucamonga

gusto its about 5 minutes away from where I sometimes work....love it but Cabelas is always my fav

Boser if you ever get down to Kansas City check them out...I have been there and I think its even better than the one in Phoenix

Stopped there again on the way back from a recent eastern Sierra excursion. Might be the first I went in and came out with the same amount of money in my bank account... I always try to sneak a trip there anyone I'm in the area. Helluva place to go whether you buy or not! Fly shop is always a destination when I'm there hah

-Ben

3. Default Re: Bass Pro Shops, Rancho Cucamonga

On the way back from a camping trip at Silverwood lake the group stopped at the BPS for some browsing and dinner. Restaurant is decent, I remember the venison stuffer mushrooms in particular as good.

I was just working there as seasonal! GREAT store, friendly staff. Everyone cross your fingers for me!! I call this Monday to see if they are going to keep me!

Tight Lines
    -Scott
    Its all about the strike.
    CATCH-n-RELEASE

5. Default Re: Bass Pro Shops, Rancho Cucamonga

Scott did they keep you? If so congrats!! Can ya sneak me in for some wader testing time on the creek in the store No on that one... Ok how bout some rod testing time on that creek

Seriously Congrats on the hopefull new job and let us know what department you work.. Some of us sneak out there and say hi to people every now and then.

Sean

Nooo I didn't get hired. They only kept 3 girls for cashiers... but that's fine I'll just keep throwing them my applications. But man what I would do to find a stream like that!
    Its all about the strike.
    CATCH-n-RELEASE

7. Default Re: Bass Pro Shops, Rancho Cucamonga

I usually make the drive to Bob Marriotts in Fullerton myself - The staff and stock is top notch.

You should check out the Bass Pro Shops in Dania Beach, FL and the flagship store in Springfield Missouri. That one has a huge wildlife Museum, the FL store had huge boats, etc, all under roof. Owner John Morris is pretty cool, too. I shared one of those "bubble" elevators one time with him at a National Wild Turkey Federation convention. The elevator looked down over about a thousand guys in camo blowing mouth calls around breakfast time. He looked at me and said, "This is so cool." Then he gave us a million bucks. nice guy.

But I like Cabela's upland bird and casual clothes better than his. But the bar in his Springfield store is cool; huge saltwater aquarium behind the bar, sharks and everything. Its where the wives go to drink margueritas while hubby spends his paycheck.
    Last edited by gt05254; 01-08-2011 at 04:03 PM. Reason: no real important reason, actually.

bass pro is great for looks, I find stuff too expensive there...everything is inflated for all the overhead. Great place to go and visit but buying stuff there is not worth the price.

Bob Marriots in fullerton is top notch. The flies are always quality with endless variety. Whole sections dedicated to fly tying too.

Bob Marriots is way better than Orvis in Pasadena by far.

10. Default Re: Bass Pro Shops, Rancho Cucamonga

last time I went to Bass Pro I only spent 20 bucks on hooks and stuff... Last trip to Bob Marriots was about 100 bucks just on fly tying stuff... You can never have enough fly tying supplies just don't tell my bank account that

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast