Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
  1. Default Tuolumne Meadows Fliy Fishing

Has anyone been to Tuolumne Meadows recently. I am planning a trip in the next couple of weeks. From what I read it is a great place to fish, but I have been having difficulties find recent reports. It is a four trip from where I live, so I am hoping it isn't a bust. Thanks.

2. Default Re: Tuolumne Meadows Fliy Fishing

I would definitely call the ranger and ask about trail conditions. The last time I was on the NPS web site, there was status dated June 21 indicating that many trails had quite a bit of snow still. That may no longer be the case, but you'll need to check.

3. Default Re: Tuolumne Meadows Fliy Fishing

I fished the Tuolumne River upstream from the Tuolumne campsite last year. I caught quite a few small browns in the stream. I only made a mile or so upstream. I didn't go way in. I didn't see anything big there. I didn't get to do any real backcountry fishing unfortunately.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Tuolumne Meadows Fliy Fishing

Here is a stream report by Jimmie Morales. He is the go to guy for that region. I do not know him personally, but many place him in high regards.

You can get up to date intel from the Yosemite Rivers Fly Shop.

MP

5. Default Re: Tuolumne Meadows Fliy Fishing

Thanks for the information. Looking forward to going in the next 3 weeks.

Hi MP,

Thanks for the link to the Yosemite Fly Shop. I was born and raised in Fresno and have fished a lot of the area they fish.

Frank

I was there over the 4th of July... hiked up river from the campground and got into little browns (6-8"). While they were small, they were still little fighters

The best part was the scenery, sight casting, and watching them hit just about everything... they loved my Adams parachute.

I also fished the meadow and although I saw a lot of fish... they wouldn't hit anything... your best bet would be to get away from the people.