Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
  1. Default New Fly Fisherman. Gold River, CA

Hello folks! My name is Nathan and I have recently got into fly fishing. Yesterday I caught my first fish (4 inch bass) on a brown woolybugger with a Orvis Clearwater rod at a local pond and I am now hooked! I am wondering if anyone would like to go fishing sometime? I am located in Gold River, California and would love to make new fishing friends!

Last edited by nathanvn; 03-24-2014 at 12:25 AM.

2. Likes mcnerney, fredaevans liked this post
    Blog Entries

Default Re: New Fly Fisherman. Gold River, CA

Nathan: Welcome to the forum and the great sport of fly fishing! Congrats on your first fish on a fly rod. I live in western Wyoming so it is a little far for me to go fishing with you, but maybe we have others that live in your area. Best of luck and kudos to you for figuring out how to post photos on the forum.

Larry
    Larry

4. Likes fredaevans liked this post
  5. Default Re: New Fly Fisherman. Gold River, CA

Hi Nathan: Check out the Granite Bay Flycasters. They are an awesome club. Their website gives you all the information you need to attend their monthly meetings at the activiety center in Granite Bay at Lake Folsom, not too far from you. I joined 6 months ago and am loving it. Bruce Estes

Welcome to the forum Nathan, glad to see you have got the bug (forgive the pun). Lots of great people and knowledge here, hope you enjoy
    Eddie
    "We look to Scotland for all our ideas of civilisation."
    Voltaire

White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone

Thumbs up Re: New Fly Fisherman. Gold River, CA

Quote Originally Posted by cardinalflier View Post
    Hi Nathan: Check out the Granite Bay Flycasters. They are an awesome club. Their website gives you all the information you need to attend their monthly meetings at the activiety center in Granite Bay at Lake Folsom, not too far from you. I joined 6 months ago and am loving it. Bruce Estes
    +1 to/for joining a fly fishing club. Will take a bit of time before the folks get comfortable on giving you 'what/where/when/how' but that's the norm. Hang in fellow, hang in!

fae
    When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. - Billy Graham"

Welcome to both of you Nathan and Bruce.
    We use to be just up Hwy 50 from you, we’re over on the Feather now, but we make it back over there often enough. You’ll both find plenty of guys here from the surrounding area.
    I’ll double down on the Granite Bay Fly Casters recommendation if you decide its for you, they’re a great group.

If you spot this Hyde drifting the area rivers, give us a shout.
    Dave

Yep, that's Granite Bay.....