Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5

Default McCloud River access or lack of access per USFS

Forest Service:

“We have been out doing storm damage assessments to the roads with the recent snowmelt and we found another one that is impassible to fishing sites. The road to Ah-Di-Na is currently not drivable from the Battle Creek road crossing. This is the first creek crossing when you turn on the dirt road to Ah-Di-Na from the reservoir (38N53). This is obviously going to cause many problems with accessing the McCloud River. I was also told of the road heading to Ash Camp being problematic just beyond the road to the McCloud Dam where the road has been slowly degrading. My understanding is our road crew is currently doing repairs to the Fenders Fairy road which was also blown out in parts. Please let others know of the condition of the roads to the McCloud River. I know this will create major headaches with the upcoming opening of the McCloud River fishing season.”

Regards,

Tim C.

Default Re: McCloud River access or lack of access per USFS

USFS is usally pretty good at road repair, not because they give a hoot about fishing access, but because they need access for fire season. Look for the repairs to be done sooner than later.
    I fish, therefore, I drink...

3. Likes fredaevans, k_e_v, jescowhite liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by creeker View Post
    USFS is usally pretty good at road repair, not because they give a hoot about fishing access, but because they need access for fire season. Look for the repairs to be done sooner than later.
    Fishing the Conservatory has always been on my To Do list. I can never seem to find my way up north though. Maybe on year....

Quote Originally Posted by darkshadow View Post
    Fishing the Conservatory has always been on my To Do list. I can never seem to find my way up north though. Maybe on year....
    darkshadow, when the flows calm down, you need to spend a week up near Burney or Fall River Mills. You have the Hat Creek, Fall River, Burney Falls, the McCloud, Pit River, and even the lower Sac, all within an hour's drive or less.

If it were driving instead of fishing, it would be like the 4-level in downtown LA. (and in the case of Hat Creek, sometimes the same amount of people as the 4-level.)
    There's not a day that goes by that I don't wonder how dreary this world would be if elk were bald and birds had no feathers.
    - Hank Patterson

6. Likes fredaevans, tcorfey liked this post