Newbie seeks fishing buddy

yinzer85

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I'm new to fly fishing, picked it up this year and have gotten pretty obsessed with it. I live in the Inland Empire region of Southern California. Looking to connect regionally with some fellow anglers who are up for taking some fresh and salt water outings.

Looking to stay relatively local to start (due to work and family obligations) but am willing to learn and explore new fisheries and tactics.

Haven't attempted the Salts yet but am anxious to give that a try too!

Thanks!

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Yinzer85
Welcome to the forum and the great sport of fly fishing!
Hopefully, someone in your area will respond to your request.

jmckinl1

Reaction score
Beat me to it on the PA question! I am Western PA born and bred as well....maybe we can head to Primanti’s and talk about pants’n’at.

Welcome!

yikes

Reaction score
Sorry I didn't see your post until tonight - - You are always welcome at the Pasadena Casting Club. We had our monthly meeting (2nd Thursdays) last night with George Daniel, also from PA.
There's always something going on. There's a trip on the Gunnison right now, and next Saturday 10/21 is the inaugural Riptide Rendezvous up in Carpenteria.
The 3rd Thursday of each month is our Vice On Ice tying event (beer and pizza) in south Pas.

I think Deep Creek Fly Fishers may be a bit closer to you, but feel free to make the trek across the 210 to meet some new faces!

hilop

Reaction score
I'm in the IE also but don't get out as much as I used too. If I hit any local spots I'll send you a PM or you can send me your number and I'll text you. The local creeks aren't what they used to be but still worth a shot.