Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5

Default Last week on the Lower O

Happened to be in Bishop last week, and though the trip wasn't fishing-oriented, we had an hour before sunset to grab the rods and head to th lower O. Unfortunately, the flow was at 360 cfs, and it was hard to find any place where the water was flowing slower than a full running pace. My friend found one hole that slowed just enough, and he pulled this brown out of it:

There's not a day that goes by that I don't wonder how dreary this world would be if elk were bald and birds had no feathers.
    - Hank Patterson

2. Likes Ard, flyminded, mcnerney liked this post

Default Re: Last week on the Lower O

Love the LO!

Andy

4. Likes yikes liked this post

I see the DWP has the flows near 150 today.

That's ideal!

I think a Bishop run might be in the horizon soon.

6. Likes mcnerney liked this post

Agreed, but take this coming Saturday as an example: In Bishop, it's sunny with a high of 62... perfect, right?
    Except that down in the LA valleys it will be 80 degrees. So does that mean that LADWP will crank up the flow to 300 cfs or more for electricty to power all the air conditioners?

By the way, for those of you on the east coast reading this: how's your cabin fever doing?
    There's not a day that goes by that I don't wonder how dreary this world would be if elk were bald and birds had no feathers.
    - Hank Patterson

Quote Originally Posted by yikes View Post
    Agreed, but take this coming Saturday as an example: In Bishop, it's sunny with a high of 62... perfect, right?
    Except that down in the LA valleys it will be 80 degrees. So does that mean that LADWP will crank up the flow to 300 cfs or more for electricty to power all the air conditioners?
    Interesting. Does LADWP really generate THAT much electricity from the poor Owens?

By the way, for those of you on the east coast reading this: how's your cabin fever doing?
    Now you're just being mean. I almost froze solid when I left for work this morning when it was 50 degrees.

Blog Entries

Happened to be in Bishop last week, and though the trip wasn't fishing-oriented, we had an hour before sunset to grab the rods and head to th lower O. Unfortunately, the flow was at 360 cfs, and it was hard to find any place where the water was flowing slower than a full running pace. My friend found one hole that slowed just enough, and he pulled this brown out of it:

Yikes: Good to see you guys got out on the water even if it was for just a short time. Funny, how different rivers look with their flows, scoutm and I just got back from fishing the San Juan and I think he told me the flow was around 450 cfs (but could be wrong), but that river is so braided that the flow seemed pretty low and slow except in a few spots.
    Larry