Wtf?

yikes

Reaction score
Where's This Fish?

WTF = Where's This Fish?
Sorry, I won't "out" this place though it's technically not really a secret. I couple of years ago in the midst of drought, I was lucky to catch 1-2 fish a day there. But what a difference a good wet winter made in 2017, and a couple of decent storms earlier this year.

W2.jpg

The leaf debris was pushed around, exposing spawning gravel. High waters repositioned trout throughout the system.

Just as important, the midges and other aquatic life have returned.

W3.jpg

Looking forward to a good season of careful C and R to keep this place on the road to recovery.

Attachments

Last edited:

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
I thought I was going to have to edit both the title and probably the content but that wouldn't make sense on a post of yours. I get it but maybe an edit on the title wouldn't hurt so we don't get a run on WTF threads ??

yikes

Reaction score
I thought I was going to have to edit both the title and probably the content but that wouldn't make sense on a post of yours. I get it but maybe an edit on the title wouldn't hurt so we don't get a run on WTF threads ??
Consider it done!

yikes

Reaction score
The storms seems to redistribute them downstream, then they work their way back up. You'll find them throughout, but as usual, the further away from parking you go, the better.
I went with a friend and we purposefully tried different techniques: midges and deep pools for him, dries and riffles for me. He outfished me 4:1.

My largest fish were not in giant pools, but in large pockets. There, I switched to a streamer, which only has a 4-5 second retrieve or so... but apparently there's nothing angrier than a big fish in a small pool who sees another "fish" muscling in on his territory!