Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Shaken.....

Blog Entries

Default Shaken.....

Brian Adams - Brian Adams shared a post. | Facebook

Gotta love when things move........

Default Re: Shaken.....

Sitting in Chatsworth is was obvious that it was two things; BIG and FAR away. Glad that wasn't in town. I have been close during both the Sylmar quake and about a mile from the epicenter of the Northridge quake. Let me tell you, if you haven't lived thru a thrust fault you just haven't lived (and thought you were about to die)!
    My best vacation is your worst nightmare. After all, it's only really fun if it is at least Type 2 fun.

I was fishing a very narrow canyon in So Cal on Sunday, and was at a hole where i had previously witnessed a rockfall 5 yards away, when it dawned on me that we had experienced significant aftershocks just a few days before.
    There's not a day that goes by that I don't wonder how dreary this world would be if elk were bald and birds had no feathers.
    - Hank Patterson

4. Likes k_e_v liked this post
    Farmington, ill. -Stop by for a cold beer on your way thru
    Blog Entries

Thats really neat. If i had to do it all over again I would be a Geologist, fascinating stuff

Quote Originally Posted by k_e_v View Post
    Thats really neat. If i had to do it all over again I would be a Geologist, fascinating stuff
    I've had those same thoughts. One semester in college that I enjoyed, then moved in a different direction. Silly as it sounds, my only earthquake "experience" is the Alaskan tourism sites. That would be scary stuff to live through.

I thought I was all that, having experienced a hurricane and an earthquake - buddies mother topped that, adding in tornado, extreme flooding, and a volcano.

8. Likes brownbass liked this post

Yes, we now have earthquake fault tourism in the high desert:
    Tourists Flocking To Take Pictures With Cracks Caused By Ridgecrest Earthquake
    There's not a day that goes by that I don't wonder how dreary this world would be if elk were bald and birds had no feathers.
    - Hank Patterson

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bigal36 View Post
    I thought I was all that, having experienced a hurricane and an earthquake - buddies mother topped that, adding in tornado, extreme flooding, and a volcano.
    Except for the volcano, it sounds like Missouri.

Bill