Introduction and Some BC Questions!

maxstar

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I'm new to The forum. My name's Max and I live on Oakland, CA. I've been fishing for 8 years in the Eastern and Western Sierras, mainly on the Truckee River.
I just got back from a month of adventuring, camping and fishing through Baja. In mid August, I'm planning on driving the adventure wagon to Vancouver, then heading out for 2 weeks of fishing in BC. I have never been to Canada and have no idea where to go etc. I'm wondering if I can get some insight on which rivers and streams to check out that time of year. I want to target trout streams, preferrably the more remote ones, where I could camp too.

Thanks for any input!

- Max

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Max,

I have never been to Vancouver but welcome you to the forum anyway. Perhaps we have a member in that area and they will see this post.

Ard

maxstar

Reaction score
Thanks guys.

Sorry Milt, co-pilot seat has been reserved. If I get bailed on though, you'll be the first to know!

sartana

Reaction score
Sorry I didn't register earlier.......lotsa high water this year with weird weather.......hope your trip was good!

fisher46

Reaction score
Why are Canadians so nice? Because they are so near to lots and lots of great fishing. I'd love to move to Canada. Anyone want to hire a good contractor for your building project. Ive got lots of successful jobs under my belt. I promise to keep the fishing time down so it doesn't effect your project. After that though, I want to see if it's possible to fish until Im sick of it. I've tried before but the trip ends before that's possible.

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I'm new to The forum. My name's Max and I live on Oakland, CA. I've been fishing for 8 years in the Eastern and Western Sierras, mainly on the Truckee River.
I just got back from a month of adventuring, camping and fishing through Baja. In mid August, I'm planning on driving the adventure wagon to Vancouver, then heading out for 2 weeks of fishing in BC. I have never been to Canada and have no idea where to go etc. I'm wondering if I can get some insight on which rivers and streams to check out that time of year. I want to target trout streams, preferrably the more remote ones, where I could camp too.

Thanks for any input!

- Max

Hi Max,
I just joined today, sorry I didn't see your post earlier, I probably could have helped out a bit. Did you make it out to BC?

ra40

Reaction score
Hi Max, I live and guide in the Vancouver area, grown up here so can help.
There is so much fishing opportunity in BC it's hard to know where to start. If I was to pick my favorite fisheries within 5 hours drive of Vancouver I would choose to fish some stillwater lakes between Williams Lake and Kamloops for rainbow trout, there are lots of tropy lakes in this region, if you have a pontoon boat or belly boat you would be fine, might have to rent a skiff or pram on larger lakes. I would fish the Adams River large trout, I would fly fish the Upper Pitt river 1 hour east of Vancouver, you would have to hire a guide for that fishery. If your in the Vancouver area in the Fall you can also fly fish for salmon on the Fraser, Harrison, Stave, Squamish rivers.

If your looking to travel distances, I would travel to Skeena Region and fish some of the smaller rivers systems in that region, there salmon runs are earlier than the fraser so you could fish salmon in July, August.

My site is STS Fishing Guides - Fishing in British Columbia for Salmon and Sturgeon most of the information you will find is about Vancouver & Fraser Valley, I have lots or articles, where to fish and 140 fly patterns. For information on BC fishing I would suggest you visit these popular BC fishing websites.

Fishing in B.C. Canada is what AnglingBC is all about with fishing vacations, fishing lodges, fishing Guides, flyfishing and Salmon, Sturgeon, Steelhead fishing
Fishing BC | Salmon, Trout, Steelhead, Sturgeon | Fishing with Rod
British Columbia Angler Fishing Forum - BCFR Home
Fly Fishing British Columbia
Fly Fishing, Fly Tying & Spey Casting Forum - Fly Fish BC Angling Forum

Good luck

holywaters_ca

Reaction score
Max is on it, and I'm familiar with STS guides. They are true pros.

I'm a Vancouver Fly fisher myself and am well aware of the many many rivers to be fished. We prefer the dry fly, and of course the Spey rods for salmon and steelhead. If I can help you out let me know.

Favorites...

Cowichan River (Vancouver Island) for Browns, Rainbows and Steelies
Elk River (and area) - incredible cutthroat fishing, all dry fly
Columbia River - Monster Rainbows on the dry
Skeena - hard to find a better system of rivers in the world for Steelhead

Cheers

jaimie

Reaction score
Good Day Everyone;

I'm new to the forum, I live on the East Coast of Vancouver Island in British Columbia at mid-island. I fish most species of salmon, sea trout and trout of inland water lakes of Vancouver Island. Before coming to the Island I lived in the Kootenay Rockies region and fished the alpine lakes & rivers of that region...

tight Lines

J