New to the forum

coastrider

Reaction score
Hi there, thought id stop in and say hi. Some may notice my handle from other forums. Im from the ECVI and am an avid fly fisherman. Im up at the Oyster river camping this week and have some spare time to check out new forums. Im into single handed and spey casting both fresh and salt water. I tie my own flies and have recently started building my own rods. Hope I can contribute as much as I learn. Cheers, Ed

Sent from my SGH-I547C using Tapatalk 4

M

mridenour

Welcome! Sounds like you fish another area to add to my bucket list!

coastrider

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcomes, as it is now I am sitting on a log on the beach watching a kelp bed cautiously for finning coho. Cheers

coastrider

Reaction score
Hey Fred, it is right by salmon point before campbell river. Since the last post I landed and released this guy. Sorry for the crappy pic but the cell is all I had

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcomes, as it is now I am sitting on a log on the beach watching a kelp bed cautiously for finning coho. Cheers

Ed: Welcome to the Forum! Not a bad way to spend the day, fishing for Coho's! Best of luck!

Larry

fredaevans

Reaction score
White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone
Hey Fred, it is right by salmon point before campbell river. Since the last post I landed and released this guy. Sorry for the crappy pic but the cell is all I had

Being a 'Canuk' and having lived in BC (many years back at this point), I'm a tad embarrassed the river location didn't ring a bell. :eek:

Island is a great place to live (a couple of years in Victoria); but no one there to take me fishing. Ocean Falls, a different story. Lumber mill (Crown-Z) had a float with several boats, motors/Petrol was kept in a separate shed. Want to fish, just flip the boat over (it rained like hell there), get a motor and your good to go.

Dad didn't like to 'river fish' but he did like the salt.

fae