Random Fishing Pics

Editor

Fish&Fly
Staff member
Reaction score
IMG_8420.jpg

Thought I'd share this photo from a few years back now which I think encapsulates the term 'Fish on!" quite nicely. It was taken down in Boca Grande in southwest Florida. Not fly gear but still great fishing. I need to get back amongst the tarpon but also the reds of Charlotte Harbour sometime - love that place!

Paul

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Early 1990's; I fished with the same fellow for 24 years prior to leaving Pennsylvania. I started him at fly fishing and eventually took him to fish for Chinook salmon in the rivers flowing into Lake Ontario. In the photo below his very first salmon has decided to go down opposed to up.

901305fd.jpg~original.jpg

He did land that fish of approximately 20 pounds using an Orvis Green Mountain 8 weight rod with an old Teton Tiaoga reel on it.
[URL=http://s542.photobucket.com/user/Hardyreels/media/The%20PA%20Fish/ae81f01c.jpg.html][/URL]

Pre Simms streamer fishing on a spring creek; photo by the same fishing partner.

5423fe1f.jpg~original.jpg

Looks like I landed one also but not so large eh? Not a touch of gray back then though :)

[URL=http://s542.photobucket.com/user/Hardyreels/media/The%20PA%20Fish/baaa23f4.jpg.html][/URL]

Back then it was a Lewis Creek jacket for fishing and Hoggs of Fife for upland hunting. Good times.

Maybe 6 years ago, still water Spey casting for silver salmon in the Bays of Prince William Sound.

[URL=http://s542.photobucket.com/user/Hardyreels/media/The%20Fish/f3d62db6.jpg.html][/URL]

Last edited:

rc51sport

Reaction score
View attachment 11391

Thought I'd share this photo from a few years back now which I think encapsulates the term 'Fish on!" quite nicely. It was taken down in Boca Grande in southwest Florida. Not fly gear but still great fishing. I need to get back amongst the tarpon but also the reds of Charlotte Harbour sometime - love that place!

Paul
Is that Boca Grande Pass? I would believe it is but normally there would be 40 other boats in view. This is where I caught my first tarpon. My uncle is a well known guide in the area, he scuba divers the pass to clean broke off tackle and trash from the bottom. Monster tarpon, jew fish and hammerheads down there!
Cool shot!

Editor

Fish&Fly
Staff member
Reaction score
Is that Boca Grande Pass? I would believe it is but normally there would be 40 other boats in view. This is where I caught my first tarpon. My uncle is a well known guide in the area, he scuba divers the pass to clean broke off tackle and trash from the bottom. Monster tarpon, jew fish and hammerheads down there!
Cool shot!
Yes that's right - this boat was out on the fringes away from the melee in the main pass as you describe.

j j

Reaction score
A quick shot of the river Wharfe at Addingham. The anglers in the shot had travelled over from the Netherlands for a weeks fishing and I was fortunate enough to meet and spend the day with them whilst offering some advice on the section of river. It was tough going with the water being low, humidity high and then the rain fell.

rc51sport

Reaction score
Being back down home for the weekend I stopped by my dad's house and snapped a picture of a picture of my first (and only) sailfish. Caught in the Florida keys, most likely out of Islamorada. About 15yrs ago.

Don't mind the goofy look on my face, I was quite excited. We were fishing for small tuna and mahi, was not expecting this catch at all.

tcorfey

Reaction score
My all time favorite is my youngest son the first time he held a fishing rod (I know how he feels!).

DSC01516.jpg

He is now 6'4" tall and 190 lbs and uses a fly rod...

Regards,

Tim C.