American river looking east

pescatore

Reaction score
Greetings:

Last week I was Fly-Fishing for Shad in the American River where it flows through Rancho Cordova, CA. Some great practice for Steelhead season which comes later in the year. I had my waterproof camera so I decided to take fa few shots up river headed east. The famous Clay Banks can be seen to the right of the frame. I was wading in about 4 feet of water and about 80 feet from the center of the river. The fishing was good, I hooked four and landed three, the large one, which was about 18 inches long and looked to be about 3+ pounds. It was a fat hard fighting fish but, no match for a 8WT 10' rod.

Enjoy,

Don
:cool:
AMERICAN RIVER  WADING -5X7-  061218.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Ard

pescatore

Reaction score
Re: aMERICAN RIVER LOOKING EAST

Just beautiful Don!

I'd like to be there swinging a fly today if I could.
Ard:

Thanks for stopping by and your remarks.

Interesting you would like to swing a fly there today. This evening I will be out there again swinging some myself in an attempt to hone my skills.

TNX AGN,

Don

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Re: aMERICAN RIVER LOOKING EAST

Oh I'm not picky about where I fish Don, when you show me a picture of a river without people standing every 100 feet I'm good to go. My home river is still muddied by runoff and we are seeing temps in the 80's so I don't look for it to clear up overnight. The rivers that aren't muddied are closed to salmon fishing due to lack of numbers and they have very few trout so I'm home.

If you look at my recent threads you can find one from July 3rd where I gave it a try but caught only one fish.

I'll make it easy, here's the link; Went Trout Fishing July 3, Caught only One Fish.