Free RAW editing software.

j j

Reaction score
One of the magazines over here in the UK has teamed up with DX0 to offer a free version of their optics pro software.
I thought I would share it here as it's worth a try and is a fully working version and totally free! DX0 Optics Pro 11 Essential. All you have to do is register with your email address and a genuine license will be sent.
Not yet had a chance to play with it but I shall once I get a bit of spare time.

https://www.dxo.com/us/digitalcamerauk

JJ

I should add that the offer expires on 31st July.

Editor

Fish&Fly
Staff member
Reaction score
It always amazes me what is out there for free when you look.

I moved onto Adobe Lightroom though a few years back with their low monthly payment for that and Photoshop and have to say haven't looked back either. You just have to live with their changing the RAW files to their own DNG format but no big deal.

What is everyone else using these days?

Paul

kentuckysteve

Reaction score
I also use Adobe Lightroom 5 and Photoshop CS6.I had to download the free DNG converter for the newer Raw files but it just adds an extra step before editing. Lightroom allows me to shoot tethered to a laptop for live editing and i can see focus and detail better than the small screen on back of the camera.I have started playing with Capture One Pro and pretty amazed at the difference in image quality between the programs.Capture One Raw file has better detail/clarity than a Raw file from lightroom and takes less time processing the photo.

The DX0 Optics Pro 11 Essential looks like a great program and has a lot of editing tools.Another free editing program is Gimp.Does everything photoshop does but takes some getting used to.

cpowell

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I just discontinued my Premier Pro subscription. I am switching over to all Apple and soon will be using Final Cut pro.

For now on my pc though I will check out the software you mentioned. Thanks!

finisher

Reaction score
I'm using Adobe Lr and Ps. I've been using them for years now. I've dabbled in other programs for various needs over the years, but never really felt the need to make and exclusive switch. So many ways to skin a cat...

Zebianna

Reaction score
If want to have a free photo editor then I strongly suggest to try pizzap though it really lack in everything.

I would love to suggest to use crack for photoshop but I'm against piracy lol.

I've read a lot of threads that they recomment Corel since it has a compete set of tools you can check this out Corel Video Art Suite.

It's still up to you if wanted to stick with free editing software :) If you can save money go for licensed one hehehe.

oliviamas

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Thanks for share this software. Bespoke web design solutions by https://mlsdev.com/services/mobile-app-development are also a great way to ensure your organization's success online. The right web development can be used to create unique web portals that help your organization gain more exposure online. It can help your organization tap into the untapped potential of mobile communication through innovative mobile applications. In addition, custom software development services can further enhance your brand's visibility online by offering custom web designs for enterprise websites, including mobile commerce apps and mobile websites. Such custom web design solutions will enable your organization to expand its web presence in new areas such as augmented reality and location-based services.

Last edited:

losthwy

Montrose, Co.
Reaction score
I am just getting started with photo editing software. After trying some free ones I bought DXO. So far so good. Does a REALLY good job processing raw files and reducing noise. Seems to do everything I need except focus stacking but I have Affinity for that. Here is an example that shows what it can do.

View attachment _DSF8081.jpg

Last edited:

Sonder

Reaction score
A
I am just getting started with photo editing software. After trying some free ones I bought DXO. So far so good. Does a REALLY good job processing raw files and reducing noise. Seems to do everything I need except focus stacking but I have Affinity for that. Here is an example that shows what it can do.

View attachment 48753
Affinity works well

NJfishkeeper

Reaction score
Gimp is the open source version of Photoshop and Darktable and Rawtherapee is the opensource version of Lightroom, there my go too's. I use lumafusion for video editing only because I have the Ipad pro that makes editing a breeze for videos.