Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
  1. Default Free RAW editing software.

One of the magazines over here in the UK has teamed up with DX0 to offer a free version of their optics pro software.
    I thought I would share it here as it's worth a try and is a fully working version and totally free! DX0 Optics Pro 11 Essential. All you have to do is register with your email address and a genuine license will be sent.
    Not yet had a chance to play with it but I shall once I get a bit of spare time.

https://www.dxo.com/us/digitalcamerauk

JJ

I should add that the offer expires on 31st July.

2. Likes kentuckysteve, Editor liked this post

Default Re: Free RAW editing software.

It always amazes me what is out there for free when you look.

I moved onto Adobe Lightroom though a few years back with their low monthly payment for that and Photoshop and have to say haven't looked back either. You just have to live with their changing the RAW files to their own DNG format but no big deal.

What is everyone else using these days?

Paul
    Kirsty Hewitt
    Fish & Fly Ltd

4. Likes kentuckysteve liked this post

I also use Adobe Lightroom 5 and Photoshop CS6.I had to download the free DNG converter for the newer Raw files but it just adds an extra step before editing. Lightroom allows me to shoot tethered to a laptop for live editing and i can see focus and detail better than the small screen on back of the camera.I have started playing with Capture One Pro and pretty amazed at the difference in image quality between the programs.Capture One Raw file has better detail/clarity than a Raw file from lightroom and takes less time processing the photo.

The DX0 Optics Pro 11 Essential looks like a great program and has a lot of editing tools.Another free editing program is Gimp.Does everything photoshop does but takes some getting used to.
    -Steve

"There is no greater fan of fly fishing than the worm."-Patrick f. McManus

6. Likes Editor liked this post

I just discontinued my Premier Pro subscription. I am switching over to all Apple and soon will be using Final Cut pro.

For now on my pc though I will check out the software you mentioned. Thanks!

8. Likes Editor liked this post

I'm using Adobe Lr and Ps. I've been using them for years now. I've dabbled in other programs for various needs over the years, but never really felt the need to make and exclusive switch. So many ways to skin a cat...

10. Likes kentuckysteve liked this post
    White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone

This old thread may be helpful: Video editing software?
    When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. - Billy Graham"

12. Likes kentuckysteve liked this post

I was an early adopter of Adobe Photoshop, and I still (no idea why) have all the original DVD's the software was sold on at something like $700 per. When they went subscription-only I made my last fully-owned copy I had work until the hardware just wouldn't run the software anymore and then I began the hunt for a substitute. No, a little a month here and a little there isn't that much at any given time but I'm opposed to subscription plans on principle so I wanted to see what was out there. I don't mind paying for something but when I pay for it, I want to own it outright.

As of now, I'm using a combination of On1, Nik, and Elements. No, it's not as seamless as PS/CC but I own it, and that has a seamlessness all its own.