RIP Chuck Tryon

Jimmie

Reaction score
My friend and long time fly fisher, Chuck Tryon passed yesterday. We tied every other Tuesday for the past years at his place. He seemed to always look forward to us coming.
He authored:
"Fly Fishing for Trout in Missouri"
"All about Flies"
"2oo Missouri Smallmouth Adventures"
"Figuring out Flies"
He originated the "BUB" fly which I have seen in one of the magazines. Here it is:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLJid-Ai-EY]YouTube - Tying the BUB Fly[/ame]

Even though the video shows a yellow "BUB" fly most of his were black, or brown (all colors are good).
In addition to this fly his favorite fly was the "Tellico Nymph".
I will miss him.

Another nice link: http://rainwaterscreeksideramblings.blogspot.com/2011/02/ripchuck-tryon-and-thanks-for-bubfly.html

Last edited:

raindogt

Reaction score
Jimmie,

I'm sorry to hear of your loss. It is a really nice gesture of you to post this in remembrance of your friend.

Tony

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Jimmie: Sorry to hear Chuck has passed on. I'm sure you are going to miss his fly fishing/tying wisdom. God bless!

Larry

ausablebrown

Reaction score
I talked to him over the phone once; I ordered his book "fly fishing for trout in Missouri" and when I got it there was some publishing error with a bunch of pages missing. Called him right up and he sent me out a signed copy, I had it in a week. Though we only spoke for 5 minutes or so, he seemed like a very amiable fellow. Sorry to hear of his passing, and the loss of your tying companion. All the best to his family and friends.
-Jason

jpbfly

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sad news Jimmie,we all have a thought for you.I lost my fishing buddy thirty years ago a few days after the opening of the trout season ....I know what you feel.

Bigfly

Reaction score
Condolences jimmie, some people really do leave a void in our lives when they pass.
Sounds like he was great guy.
Jim

Frank Whiton

Most Senior Member
Reaction score
Hi Jimmie,

I am so sorry that you have lost your friend. One of the greatest aspects of fly fishing is the friendships you make over the years. These friendships are formed doing something that is dear to ones heart and these friendships are special. I know you will miss him.

Frank